crazy ideal today!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nobody

Reaction score
i had a can of coopers draught hme just sitting here. i desided i was going to play some with it because i wasn't going to use it anytime soon anyway.

so here we go with what i desided to try!! i had 4 pounds of extra light dme sitting on the shelf and two pounds of corn sugar. i started the water boiling and added the dme and corn sugar while the can of hme was sitting in a sink full of hot water.

i have alot of leaf and pellet hops on the brewing shelf as well so i desided to play some more. after i added the hme to the pot of boiling dme and corn sugar i added a oz of amarillo pellet hops, a oz of german hallertau pellet hops and a packet of finishing hops from a homebrewery wheat beer kit that i hadn't used when i made the wheat beer(that is why i have so much hops on hand. i like to use my own hops in brews,not thiers). i boiled it for about a hour then i added another packet of the wheat finishing hops and another packet of amarillo hops when i took it off the stove. after cooling the wort i put a oz of amarillo leaf hops in a steeping bag and dropped it in the fermenter. then i added the wort after it cooled and pitched the yeast(just the coopers yeast because i didn't what to use any of the good yeast in this crazy adventure i am having here!!).

in about 2 monthes i'll try this crazy adventure out to see what it is like!!! maybe crap, maybe pretty good!! who knows. i just had this crazy ideal hit me and had to give it a try!!!!

@OP, sounds interesting. Did you take any gravity readings? If not not a big deal. I bet you end up with beer! Trying odd things can be fun!

@ everyone...

Cut the OP some slack about the ideal...

Eye halve a spelling cheek are
It came with my pea sea
It plainly marques four my revue
Miss steaks eye kin knot sea.

Eye strike a key and type a word
And weight four it two say
Weather eye am wrong oar write
It shows me strait a weigh.

As soon as a mist ache is maid
It nose bee fore two long
And eye can put the error rite
Its rare lea ever wrong.