Ho Ho Ho, brewing Santa came yesterday!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryC

Reaction score
So yesterday I get a text from the wife saying she will be bringing home some homebrew that one of her teacher friends makes. When she got home I was summoned to go out to her car and look in the trunk. So how big do you think my eyes got when I saw the goodies she had in there? She said the guys is downsizing/upgrading his equipment and since she is always talking about my brewing (and providing an occasional sample) he figured I could put this stuff to good use.

In the name of pay it forward, I will be sharing some of my windfall with a brewing friend of mine who is pretty short on equipment. And I'll be sending a few of my latest brews to my benefactor :mug:

Tis the holiday spirit!

20121203_162401.jpg

LarryC said:
So yesterday I get a text from the wife saying she will be bringing home some homebrew that one of her teacher friends makes. When she got home I was summoned to go out to her car and look in the trunk. So how big do you think my eyes got when I saw the goodies she had in there? She said the guys is downsizing/upgrading his equipment and since she is always talking about my brewing (and providing an occasional sample) he figured I could put this stuff to good use.

In the name of pay it forward, I will be sharing some of my windfall with a brewing friend of mine who is pretty short on equipment. And I'll be sending a few of my latest brews to my benefactor :mug:

Tis the holiday spirit!

Nice!

Yeah, this pretty much knocked me off my feet - I don't think I have ever even met the guy. He's definitely the Kris Kringle type though!

Just more proof that homebrewers are some of the most generous people out there.

I pretty much agree with this statement. I recently came up on a 15 gl brew kettle because a friend couldn't brew in his new apartment. I told him I would watch it for him since I didn't have the heart to keep it- plus when he moves again he'll need it. Then a friend had a baby and he is storing his automated Brutus with 3 converted kegs at my house until he can get back into brewing. Definitely splitting batches with these guys.

This has to be the greatest thread topic ever written. Congrats on your presents and even bigger praise for passing on the generosity.

-Dan

You know when I think about it, I have a lot of hobbies but brewing definitely is the most "sharing" hobby of the lot. You help people build there equipment, help people brew, help with recipes and where to find the good deals and then share the rewards of your labor and get great feedback that makes you brew even better. Oh yeah, and you get to drink great beer!

I pretty much agree with this statement. I recently came up on a 15 gl brew kettle because a friend couldn't brew in his new apartment. I told him I would watch it for him since I didn't have the heart to keep it- plus when he moves again he'll need it. Then a friend had a baby and he is storing his automated Brutus with 3 converted kegs at my house until he can get back into brewing. Definitely splitting batches with these guys.

you've maxed out, time to move!

THE BEST!

What a sweet pickup, your a lucky guy and im sure you deserve it! Is that a 15 gallon pot? 20pd cylinder?! Happy holidays!

Wow thought the OP had a sick deal!

Op gets to keep it- I am on loan. I wish my wife had awesome friends that brew to pass on equipment. As it is I am giving my old MT to a new brew. Got to keep this hobby alive.

THE BEST!

What a sweet pickup, your a lucky guy and im sure you deserve it! Is that a 15 gallon pot? 20pd cylinder?! Happy holidays!

The pot is labeled 30 so I assume 30 quarts and there is a wert chiller nested in there. The cylinder is actually a 10 pound nitrogen tank! I think it will be a while before I get to try that out (no nitro tap and my oatmeal stout is already ingesting CO2)

Yep, I'm lucky in many ways (not the Vegas type) and I'll be trying to spread the wealth over the holidays.

Best Holiday Wishes to all of you on HBT!

Back