Grommet for faucet shank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

howlinowl

Reaction score
One of the faucets on my kegerator has a leak at the back of the shank. Took it apart and I need one of these:

http://morebeer.com/view_product/16316/102249

Is there something like this that can be had at Home Depot or Lowes?? I haven't saved up enough pera to order anymore brewing supplies yet, or I'd just get them when I order.

Thanks,

Allan

Is it leaking where the tailpiece meets the shank? Or do you have a elbow shank?

I would think that regardless of what you're missing, an O-ring should be available to seal the leak. Home Depot should be a fine source. There are lots of random faucet (sink) gaskets and seals you can probably pick up to solve the problem.

Take your faucet in with you to find the right one.

kvh

I don't believe that a oring would work. This grommet fits on the end of a 1/4 piece of stainless tube that has a brass nut on it. The grommet and tube slide into the shank, and as you tighten the nut, it compresses the grommet, causing it to seal against the shank wall and the wall ot the tube. I didn't know if this is simular to something that is used in the plumbing industry. I'll probably just put together an order for some supplies and order them with those. I need to order a new hydrometer anyway. I just couldn't see ordering 2 95cent items and paying a load of shipping for them

Thanks,
Allan

I agree with kvh. Grommets of all sizes can be had at lowes or HD. Both places have pretty extensive plumbing and faucet sections. Give them a shot, you have nothing to lose.

whenever you order small parts like this, order a few extra, as they are pretty cheap, and you don't know when you will need one again, and don't want to be in the same position you are in now.

Back