How many corny kegs do you have? (and why?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OG_IBU_Bunghole

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I should pick up more kegs before they go up even more in price (or run out and I have to start buying new).

My kegerator holds 5 kegs. I have 11 total. Obviously, this lets me have kegs carbing and ageing while still serving 4 or 5.

Here are the reasons I'm thinking about buying a few more:
1) More kegs would allow me to age some beers longer.
2) I've been thinking about putting a couple wines on tap :) (not in kegerator)
3) I'm thinking about trying to no-chill with a keg (would only tie up one)
4) The kegs will probably just go up in price, so I shouldn't lose money if I decide to sell

So how many do you have and why?
Any thing I'm missing?

I have 11 corny kegs.

I use a couple for lagering, but most of them are to hold finished beers waiting to go into my three tap kegerator. I could probably make due with six, as I only have room for three on deck in my chest freezer. Rich man's problem. :)

I'd like to pick up a few more and use them for keg carbing. I brew much faster than I can drink (I'm actually throwing a ball lock adapter on our kegerator at work so I can bring in my excess homebrew). I've had trouble getting good carbonation dumping sugar right into the kegs and carbing at room temperature - need to dial that in before I commit more kegs to the process.

I have 8 because I needed them for my wedding. But now I rarely use more than 4 at a time.
I should sell off the others I suppose.

i have zero! but ill be buying a few. goal is to have 5. but i know that ill end up buying anything i find on craigslist. so i foresee 8 not being out of the question. unless SWMBO starts complaining.

I have 8, which seemed like more than I would ever need. Between 10 gallon batches and trying to try different varieties, it seems that my current brewing constraint is the availability of empty kegs.

I have two taps so I have five kegs. Two serving, two on-deck, of course. Last one could be used for aging, but usually holds water for beer line cleaning.

I only own 4, but my kegerator has capacity for 6. I regularly run out of keg real estate these days, I'd love to condition beer in some extras. I see myself eventually owning as many as 10 or 12.

4 5 gallon kegs and 1 3 gallon, the kegerator only holds two but I'd like to have at least 2 more 5's and one more 3. A 10 gal corny would be awesome as well

I've been wondering the same thing.

I have 3 five gallon cornies and 2 three gallon cornies. Keezer holds 7, so I plan to buy 2 more five gallon'ers on payday.

I have about eleven 3 gallon, two 2.5 gallon and three 5 gallon corny kegs. My brew fridge holds four 2.5 or 3 gallon kegs at a time, with three of them being on tap. I also have a setup in the basement for carbonating up to five kegs (at ambient temps, which is in the upper 40's to low 50's this time of year).

I have a couple of bigger brews in two of the 5 gallon kegs, carbonating up. I'm planning on bottling some of those batches at some point. Until then, they'll just sit on the gas feed. :D

28 had a deal I couldn't pass up

image-1578742050.jpg

14 cold and conditioning and 2 three gallon that fit on the hump

image-588839604.jpg

12 taps for variety

image-1198054510.jpg

^^^ "Nice doggy! Yup, that's a good dog. Please don't eat me!"

;)

I have fourteen 5 gallon ball locks. I keep six brews on tap at all times in the keezer, cold condition and carb another four kegs in one of the brew fridges to keep the pipeline full, and cellar the other four as they wait their turns.

Usually I have carboys waiting on kegs, but right now I have one empty keg.
And the flu...

Cheers!

22......six in kegerator, 6-8 on deck, 1 cleaning solution, and possible at any given time I have 4-6 aging,

33 total. 1 - 3 gallon, 1 - 10 gallon and the rest are 5 gallons. All have something in them; beer, cider or soda. Some are lagers, some are Belgians aging. As I expanded brewing I kept buying kegs. I have 16 kegs in the keezers, the rest are waiting for a spot or are aging.

This is the 15cf getting loaded up

image-3179666689.jpg

This is the 15cf ready to pour

image-3766739401.jpg

This is my 7cf

image-636871127.jpg

Travel Trashcanerator

image-3460238331.jpg

You know we should do a bulk buy I found a place over sea,s that will ship u a big shipping container with like 1200 kegs in it . The price with shipping to a us port was like 27 bucks a pic.

I have 14 five gallon, but thinking about getting a few more. I like to use them to age beer.

Wow! Some of you guys must have some very tolerant wives!

I've got 5 5-gallon for a 2 tap setup. I don't brew much that needs to age long and don't lager, so that is plenty right now. 1 or 2 "on deck" and another for pushing/cleaning.

Wow! Some of you guys must have some very tolerant wives!

I've got 5 5-gallon for a 2 tap setup. I don't brew much that needs to age long and don't lager, so that is plenty right now. 1 or 2 "on deck" and another for pushing/cleaning.

Not tolerant "Very supportive" and it keeps me from going out :D

beaksnbeer said:
You can get them just as cheap from Mc Ever in New Smyrna Beach FL. 407-786-7029

I think I have seen some of his ads but if he is the same guy he wants like 50 bucks to ship it to me.

miker1529 said:
I think I have seen some of his ads but if he is the same guy he wants like 50 bucks to ship it to me.

McEver says in their eBay ad to call them if the shipping seems high (something about eBay calculates shipping) and they will figure out a better option. They are really cool guys and they have a crap-ton of kegs. (FYI, the bulk of their cornys are sold to carnivals and fairs, which I found interesting)

Cool well I guess that is really not a issue anymore. Just ( with in the pass few min) got word that the military is sending me to fl next fall

I've got five, because it takes time to buy fifteen without shelling out a bunch of cash all at once.

5, because i can't afford more!

That and i have a 4 tap kegerator, so that gives me one extra

I have 11 corny kegs.

I use a couple for lagering, but most of them are to hold finished beers waiting to go into my three tap kegerator. I could probably make due with six, as I only have room for three on deck in my chest freezer. Rich man's problem. :)

I'd like to pick up a few more and use them for keg carbing. I brew much faster than I can drink (I'm actually throwing a ball lock adapter on our kegerator at work so I can bring in my excess homebrew). I've had trouble getting good carbonation dumping sugar right into the kegs and carbing at room temperature - need to dial that in before I commit more kegs to the process.

I just counted and I have 15. I think they're copulating - must be all the beer.

I have 6 but I want more but they are too much. I would love to use a few as secondaries to age batches. With that in mind what are the best deals on kegs I might even start doing pin lock at this point.

10. They are addictive. Though 1 is a POS that never seals. I am considering getting the thicker gaskets for it though to see if it helps. Stupid lid presses down 1/2-1 inch when closed. Managed to get it to seal once with >30PSI on it.

Got spares to keep my pipeline going. Keg collection is addictive though. It does seem best to have at least 1 more than you have taps for, just to keep the pipeline going.

40, i have a problem.

Only if they're empty. ;)

I have 6 five gallon and a single stackable 2.5 gallon from Adventures in Homebrewing. I bought my 5 gals from the eBay seller mentioned earlier. I'm not kegging yet, but know I will. I've read some recommend to have twice as many as you need. When I started 6 months ago, I went ahead and tried to buy a few from the eBay seller. I was wanting ten as I planned on having a 5 tap kegerator, but I think the 6 I have now will be fine. I would actually like to have more of the stackable 2.5s. I think 4-5 more of the stackables should be plenty for my keezer. Then I could just use the 5 gallons for house beers, lagering, and aging.

Only if they're empty. ;)

I have 6 five gallon and a single stackable 2.5 gallon from Adventures in Homebrewing. I bought my 5 gals from the eBay seller mentioned earlier. I'm not kegging yet, but know I will. I've read some recommend to have twice as many as you need. When I started 6 months ago, I went ahead and tried to buy a few from the eBay seller. I was wanting ten as I planned on having a 5 tap kegerator, but I think the 6 I have now will be fine. I would actually like to have more of the stackable 2.5s. I think 4-5 more of the stackables should be plenty for my keezer. Then I could just use the 5 gallons for house beers, lagering, and aging.

Well a lot are now, but I have not brewed since may. We moved and I have been remodeling. Almost done, will be setting up the ebrewery next month.

I think I have around 10. I do mostly lagers. I have 5 or 6 lagering, a few on tap, one with starsan and a couple empty. I need to remedy that.

Latest posts

Back