$49 Brew Stand

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rich_S

Reaction score
Just picked this bad boy up from Home Depot:

http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...Steel+Utility+Cart&storeId=10051#.UPYMJ5Fx2PI

Perfect fit and sturdy. I just need to cut a notch in the lower shelf for the ball valve to stick through. There's even enough space to get a mash paddle through to stir it.

beer2.jpg

beer1.jpg

Going to give it a test run this weekend. If all goes according to plan, I'm going to buy another one. The first will be for HLT->MT and the second for BK -> carboy, with a March pump mounted to take the mash from MT to BK. I may even drill a few holes and siamese the two together.

It's rated for 300 lbs and has lockable wheels.

I'd give it a run with a small water boil for 60 minutes, say a gallon (adding water during the hour). I'd be worried how it reacts after it potentially heats up with 8 gallons of boiling water on it, potentially fatal event if there's a failure of some sort. Just my $0.02...

I'd give it a run with a small water boil for 60 minutes, say a gallon (adding water during the hour). I'd be worried how it reacts after it potentially heats up with 8 gallons of boiling water on it, potentially fatal event if there's a failure of some sort. Just my $0.02...

I hear ya, but I doubt it'll be a problem. I've touched the legs of that turkey fryer with my bare hands while a turkey was frying on it - it gets hot but nothing too crazy. I don't see a lot of heat transfering from the burner to the cart, though the finish immediately under the burner will probably peel off. Certainly will be safer than my present method which centers around my kitchen stove and involves a lot of lifting and carrying by hand of that 8 gallons of boiling liquid.

After further consideration, put the Mash Tun up top.

brewday.jpg

She's heating now.

Back