Dead Guy ALe extract recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ethangray19

Reaction score
I have searched the forums but have not found a good Dead Guy Ale recipe.

Any good ones out there??

Is the pacman yeast essential?

Don't use mine. Whatever I did, it tastes TERRIBLE.*

*Disclaimer - may not totally be the result of the recipe. It tastes like a bad job rinsing out Oxyclean or some other cleaning material.

I highly recommend the AHS kit, also Yooper's recipe and mine are really similar and I would say go with hers, it seems to be a hit. Pacman is not 100% essential, AHS sends their kit out with Wyeast American Ale II when pacman is not available.

Here's mine:

Dead Guy Clone

13oz Belgiun Cara-Munich
13oz German Munich
7oz US Crystal 40 deg L

4lbs Alexanders Pale LME
4LBS LDME
(I substituted all XLDME)

1 tsp Irish Moss
1 oz perle 60 mins
1/4 oz perle 30 minutes
1/4 oz perle 5 mins
1/4 oz saaz 5 mins.

I used pacman yeast.

o.g. was 1.066
f.g. was 1.018

This was a BIG hit, and it's a house favorite now. I'm going to try an AG version this summer, but I haven't figured it out yet.

Thanks. Maybe I don't understand, but isn't there a difference between AAU and A.A. AAU being a way to standardize hop A.A. content right? So I presume you meant A.A. Either way that's good enough I guess I will base the AAU off your average A.A. Any idea on your typical Saaz A.A. content?

Cheers
Ayup!

Thanks. Maybe I don't understand, but isn't there a difference between AAU and A.A. AAU being a way to standardize hop A.A. content right? So I presume you meant A.A. Either way that's good enough I guess I will base the AAU off your average A.A. Any idea on your typical Saaz A.A. content?

Cheers
Ayup!

The saaz have been low in the last few years, 2-4% AAU (U stands for "unit", a measurement of the alpha acids).

Latest posts

Back