Some questions about buying a kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zman

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I might be pulling the trigger on a kegerator off of craigslist. One is a Kenmore and the other is ???, I am waiting for a response to my email for more info. Is Kenmore a good brand? It is the dorm fridge style size. How many cornies can I fit inside? I am sure that these kegerators are made for Sankey Kegs. How hard is it to change the fittings so that it can accommodate the corny kegs?

By dorm size do you mean about 36" tall? If so, it likely holds 2 corny kegs. If it is set up for anything else, it is very easy to change the fittings.

Kegging is awesome.

B

By dorm size do you mean about 36" tall? If so, it likely holds 2 corny kegs. If it is set up for anything else, it is very easy to change the fittings.

Kegging is awesome.

B

Sweet. Thanks for the reply. It would be nice to not have to bottle so much. Others chime in if you know anything about this model.

I have a kenmore....holds two cornies. Mine is very nice and looks like a piece of furniture...so the SWMBO allows it in the family room in the basement.

Thanks Hammy. I might hold out and see if the guy with the Kenmore responds. The other one is an Avanti BD6000 and the reviews I have read did not seem to promising. before I part with $300 I want to hear some good things about it.

Or do both, lol. I started out with the Kenmore and added a keezer later.

16524d1279665324-do-you-have-ge-7-0-holiday-7-0-keezer-kegerators.jpg

Looks good, Z. I would be sure to get a double regulator. This way you have a keg carbonated and on deck when the tapped keg kicks.

Looks good, Z. I would be sure to get a double regulator. This way you have a keg carbonated and on deck when the tapped keg kicks.

Wow. Haven't seen you on the forums in a while. Welcome back! I went with the Danby. I tested it over night and it is holding temps. I an going to get a 1/6 bbl of Denver Pale Ale to do a test run until I get the parts and a few cornies. Now I will not need all of the 20+ cases of bottles I have in the basement.:ban:

Wow. Haven't seen you on the forums in a while. Welcome back! I went with the Danby. I tested it over night and it is holding temps. I an going to get a 1/6 bbl of Denver Pale Ale to do a test run until I get the parts and a few cornies. Now I will not need all of the 20+ cases of bottles I have in the basement.:ban:

Now that we have the space I am slowly getting back into brewing. I'm also accumulating the parts for a nice keezer in the garage. I saw on FB that you pulled the trigger on the Kegerator...congrats. If you and J have the time next time you're in NYC, lets plan a brewday at my place. Would love to tap into that knowledge of yours and move to AG.

Now that we have the space I am slowly getting back into brewing. I'm also accumulating the parts for a nice keezer in the garage. I saw on FB that you pulled the trigger on the Kegerator...congrats. If you and J have the time next time you're in NYC, lets plan a brewday at my place. Would love to tap into that knowledge of yours and move to AG.

Sounds like a good idea to me. If you do not have a full AG set up but have at least a 5g kettle and a paint straining bag form HD you can do brew in a bag all grain. There is a thread by deathbrewer, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-stovetop-all-grain-brewing-pics-90132/, that gives a great write up. I have done it 2x with really good results. I am starting to do it more for 1-2.5 gal test batches.

I would love to build a keezer but I do not have the room and wanted something more mobile since we rent. My friend Ryan built one and put the taps on the outside. I would recommend getting a digital temp controller. I got one off of craigslist for me fermemtation fridge and it is awesome. I have the Williams brewing model. I got the controller and the heating pad for $60. Did you get the deck built? How was your holidays? Give my love to the family. I often fail at FB and forget to comment sometimes.:drunk:

Sounds like a good idea to me. If you do not have a full AG set up but have at least a 5g kettle and a paint straining bag form HD you can do brew in a bag all grain. There is a thread by deathbrewer, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/easy-stovetop-all-grain-brewing-pics-90132/, that gives a great write up. I have done it 2x with really good results. I am starting to do it more for 1-2.5 gal test batches.

I would love to build a keezer but I do not have the room and wanted something more mobile since we rent. My friend Ryan built one and put the taps on the outside. I would recommend getting a digital temp controller. I got one off of craigslist for me fermemtation fridge and it is awesome. I have the Williams brewing model. I got the controller and the heating pad for $60. Did you get the deck built? How was your holidays? Give my love to the family. I often fail at FB and forget to comment sometimes.:drunk:

Deck is built. Turkey Fryer is purchased. I have a 7 1/2 gallon pot. I'm planning on building a collar around the keezer and attaching the taps to that.

Back