1st Madrid based brewing group on facebook.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
We have just opened a facebook group under the name "Homebrewers - Madrid".

We'd like to find people in the capital of Spain who brew. I think Madrid is a difficult place for brewing for 2 reasons: 1, prices 2, lack of space. Here everything is relatively expensive...equipment, ingredients and people live in small flats...meaning they dont really have space. We are in the same situation....but this wont stop us from brewing good quality beer. :)

Anyway.....we hope to find people to chat/meet up and exchange ideas (even beer too :))

Here is our link on facebook: Madrid facebook group.

Can you recommend any bars in Madrid? I'll be visiting Madrid in june (12-18) and I would really like to taste some local spanish brews (commercial or homebrewed).

Are there any breweries in and around Madrid that I could possibly visit?

Gracias!

Can you recommend any bars in Madrid? I'll be visiting Madrid in june (12-18) and I would really like to taste some local spanish brews (commercial or homebrewed).

Are there any breweries in and around Madrid that I could possibly visit?

Gracias!

Spanish craftbeer is not the best, but it is certainly getting a lot better. If you wanna visit one...then I highly recommend a trip to Toledo (45 mins by bus from Madrid). The city is amazing and due to the fact that the water is good in that region, there are some breweries there. Domus is the best IMO. This is their website: http://cervezadomus.com/home.html

My big time fav Spanish beer is brewed by an English guy, but in the North. The brewery is really far from Madrid, but we are already planning a visir. My fav beer from them is the Kolsch they brew (hard to come by...dunno why) and the Dougall's 942. It is a lovely pale ale....you can find it in most of my fav beer bars in Madrid.

Beer bars to go to:
Irreale
El Animal
Oldenburg
Casa de la Cerveza

I think these are the main places. google them.

And if you are up to it, you can surely hang out with us and taste our homebrew too. Just let me know.

By the way....my best friend and her boyfriend live in Reykjavik. :) Funny, isnt it?

Thanks for the info!

Toledo looks awesome (at least from google images). I'll definitely visit that place!

By the way....my best friend and her boyfriend live in Reykjavik. Funny, isnt it?

hah! that's a fun coincidence! Do they homebrew? If they do, tell them to check out http://fagun.is/ (our Homebrewclub).

And if you are up to it, you can surely hang out with us and taste our homebrew too. Just let me know

I will definitely be up for some geeking and tasting! I'll PM you when the time draws closer.

Thanks for the info!

Toledo looks awesome (at least from google images). I'll definitely visit that place!

hah! that's a fun coincidence! Do they homebrew? If they do, tell them to check out http://fagun.is/ (our Homebrewclub).

I will definitely be up for some geeking and tasting! I'll PM you when the time draws closer.

They dont brew. :)

Ok.....cool. See you in Madrid then. :mug:

Latest posts

Back