Double IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danorocks17

Reaction score
I'm going to be doing another double IPA soon and I want to use a different kind of yeast. I used Safale 05 last time, but I think I want to try something a little different. I am definitely going to use a dry yeast, and I was thinking about using Safbrew-33. I used that yeast for a trippel and was really happy with the results. Anyone else use this yeast for an IIPA before, or does anyone have any nice suggestions for a dry yeast?:mug:

Used two packages of re-hydrated Nottingham for my F Larry IIPA and it took the beer from 1.099 down to 1.016. It's still a bit muddy and un-carbonated but there are no detectable off-flavors from the yeast. That's the biggest beer I've done and was very happy with the attenuation with this yeast. I use 05 a lot and would be interested in knowing your recipe and attenuation if you don't mind posting.

I just used Notty on my Imperial IPA and have a real winner in the keg!

Recipe will be found under my sig. soon!

yummmmm.

Latest posts

Back