Tap Handles made with 3D printers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steinsato

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
This is kind of a weird question but I figured I'd give it a shot. I work with a fairly small beer company that is looking to buy about 100 tap handles for their distributors to give out. Right now we have a different tap handle for two of the beers we make but we've recently begun making quite a few more styles that are going to be seasonal or just limited in production. What we are looking for is a good tap handle with a slot or area near the base of the handle to slide the different style beer into without having to change the actual handle. This way we can use the same handle for any beer we happen to be putting on tap at the time. There are 3D printers out there that are capable of making these things but I am having a heck of time finding them on the internet. The link I'm posting below shows a version of leinenkugel's seasonal tap handle which is pretty much along the lines of what we are looking for. Guess I should try to email them and see who they have make theirs...

Thanks for any help.
http://www.beersodasports.com/leinenkugel-beer-16-in-seasonal-tap-handle-ex-used-20645945-detail.htm

Hi there,

I'm wondering if you've had any luck looking for 3D tap handles. I am currently creating a logo for my homebrew to put onto a tap handle made by beertapguy.com when one of my co-workers came up with the idea of a 3D tap handle.

If you've made any progress or have materials I'd be very interested. If not, I'd be interested in helping you with your search.

Let me know
Scott

Shapeways is a 3D printing company if you want to pay someone else to print your parts. They have a lot of options for material, even metals like silver or stainless steel.
I have a 3D printer of my own, but it is a filament extruder based model which can only print a single color.

Shapeways is a 3D printing company if you want to pay someone else to print your parts. They have a lot of options for material, even metals like silver or stainless steel.
I have a 3D printer of my own, but it is a filament extruder based model which can only print a single color.

so YOUR the guy with the purple pistol!!

This could still make some incredible handles I imagine...

There is so much awesome possible with this. Really all limited by what can be modeled within spec for it. Designs inside of other designs. The possibilities with these now is amazing.

If someone wants to give specs, i've made some things with shapeways before. Could prob work something out.

This is kind of a weird question but I figured I'd give it a shot. I work with a fairly small beer company that is looking to buy about 100 tap handles for their distributors to give out. Right now we have a different tap handle for two of the beers we make but we've recently begun making quite a few more styles that are going to be seasonal or just limited in production. What we are looking for is a good tap handle with a slot or area near the base of the handle to slide the different style beer into without having to change the actual handle. This way we can use the same handle for any beer we happen to be putting on tap at the time. There are 3D printers out there that are capable of making these things but I am having a heck of time finding them on the internet. The link I'm posting below shows a version of leinenkugel's seasonal tap handle which is pretty much along the lines of what we are looking for. Guess I should try to email them and see who they have make theirs...

Thanks for any help.
http://www.beersodasports.com/leinenkugel-beer-16-in-seasonal-tap-handle-ex-used-20645945-detail.htm

My LHBS is selling custom printed handle "labels"
1069176_215824498570343_123625379_n.jpg

If the user can make the design file.. the simplest printer can make what you want in a tap handle.

Not sure if you've bought anything yet, and you're probably looking for different shapes, but I make something similar to what you're looking for.

My tap handles are all hand-made out of either Red Oak, or Brazilian Cherry. I can also do special wood requests if ordered in larger quantities!

You can print any logo/design/words you want, cut them out and slide them into the baseball card protector. The card protector slides right into the handle.

il_570xN.518387050_6s2x.jpg

http://homebrewedhandles.com

A few examples of my work:

Small (skinny)
il_570xN.518453903_ffb9.jpg

Medium (skinny)
il_570xN.449736250_2xd1.jpg

Large
il_570xN.436568427_fi9f.jpg

PM me if you have any questions!

I have a large, short one and it looks awesome!! I use it on my portable rolling kegerator.

image-1566037315.jpg

This is amazing!

Not sure if you've bought anything yet, and you're probably looking for different shapes, but I make something similar to what you're looking for.

My tap handles are all hand-made out of either Red Oak, or Brazilian Cherry. I can also do special wood requests if ordered in larger quantities!

You can print any logo/design/words you want, cut them out and slide them into the baseball card protector. The card protector slides right into the handle.

il_570xN.518387050_6s2x.jpg

http://homebrewedhandles.com

A few examples of my work:

Small (skinny)
il_570xN.518453903_ffb9.jpg

Medium (skinny)
il_570xN.449736250_2xd1.jpg

Large
il_570xN.436568427_fi9f.jpg

PM me if you have any questions!

There is also 3dhubs where people will print things with you, dont know about that quantity.

Maybe search tap handled on thingyverse or grabcad. My printer can only do one color at a time. But I can change colors between layers.

Thanks for any help.
Did you end up finding resource? I am an industrial designer who runs a 3D printing lab with a few different technologies. Recently did a few for my open house!

The short wood ones are really nice looking but seem kind of pricey...

Ok, so after a trip to HD to make my own and buying all the stuff except the stain and some toppers from the craft store, I have to admit they are very reasonably priced indeed!

I know there is pride in making your own, but those are exactly what I want and mine won't even come close...

Last edited:
Did you end up finding resource? I am an industrial designer who runs a 3D printing lab with a few different technologies. Recently did a few for my open house!

We never did find any reasonably priced handles for the minimal quantity we needed. I have since cut way back on the amount of work I do for that company and am not sure if they ever did get any at all to be honest.

Back