Blichmann HopBlocker

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InYerMouth

Reaction score
Have read a few posts on this, however have not seen a thread dedicated to it yet. I am debating on pulling the trigger to purchase one, but have seen alot of mixed reviews. Can we get some feedback on those who have one already in one central location?? I have a Blichmann 20gal BK??

It would be nice to keep this thread up as an actual review section; not "a you could also build one like this" kind of thing. I would be more interested in techniques used and reviews in one place.

It would be nice to keep this thread up as an actual review section; not "a you could also build one like this" kind of thing. I would be more interested in techniques used and reviews in one place.

Yes it would. I will post here if with my next brew session. Maybe this time I will actually remember to whirlpool!

I have used mine once. I did the whirlpool and let sit for 10 minutes. I did a single pass to my plate chiller into the fermentor. As the wort level go really low, I closed off the valve a bit, as instructed. Then I lifted the guard up. I just kegged the beer from the fermentor yesterday. There was hardly any hop sediment at the bottom.

The design does suck a bit for whirlpooling. I seemed to keep hitting it, which would shift it back and forth. It did not seem to effect its job at filtering. It is definitely worth having. I think it is a bit overprice, but there really is not any competition out there. Like stated in the other thread a thinner disign would had been nice.

Make sure you whirlpool. Use a thinner stirrer, if you have a bulky one like I do. I had no issues at all with clogging of the plate chiller, so everything seemed to work as advertised.

good to hear....I would have to buy a different immersion chiller or the therminator if I get this thing tho.....hmmm..

Back