New Activity???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bitchesbrew22

Reaction score
Hello all,
I brewed an ale 2 weeks ago today. Initially fermentation seemed strong and I saw plenty of airlock activity and krausen, but by the 48 hour mark airlock had stopped and most of the krausen was gone. I was worried at first but after searching the forums I saw many just advised to wait it out and not worry, so I did. At the one week mark peeked in and the beer seemed dormant, no krausen and nothing to worry about(besides lack of activity). I peeked in again today and have a thin layer of foam that seems to be primarily hop residue??(I used pellets and no bag during boil)
Is this Normal? I was surprised seeing this after almost two weeks of nothing?
Any ideas what it could be??

Hello all,
I brewed an ale 2 weeks ago today. Initially fermentation seemed strong and I saw plenty of airlock activity and krausen, but by the 48 hour mark airlock had stopped and most of the krausen was gone. I was worried at first but after searching the forums I saw many just advised to wait it out and not worry, so I did. At the one week mark peeked in and the beer seemed dormant, no krausen and nothing to worry about(besides lack of activity). I peeked in again today and have a thin layer of foam that seems to be primarily hop residue??(I used pellets and no bag during boil)
Is this Normal? I was surprised seeing this after almost two weeks of nothing?
Any ideas what it could be??

What type of ale and what yeast did you use, most likely this is nothing to worry about. If there are no funky aromas, I wouldn't worry too much about it. There are lots of pics of possible infections on the forum, if you are seriously concerned.

Your beer has CO2 dissolved in it from when it was bubbling. Something caused it to come out of solution. Have you had any weather events where the atmospheric pressure dropped? Change in temperature? Did someone move or bump the fermenter? Any of these could cause it.

It is an Ipa and I used the mr beer yeast (I haven't heard many good reviews) but nothing else used came from mr beer kit.
Unfortunately I don't have a hydrometer, waiting for one to arive in the mail actually.

Your beer has CO2 dissolved in it from when it was bubbling. Something caused it to come out of solution. Have you had any weather events where the atmospheric pressure dropped? Change in temperature? Did someone move or bump the fermenter? Any of these could cause it.

Is this anything to worry about? the weather has cooled some and I did move it To a new spot.

Back