SSR standard size for mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugmaster

Reaction score
Does anyone know if SSRs come in standard sizes for mounting on a heatsink?

I am planning on buying an Auber box with predrilled holes, though I think that I'll pick up an SSR on Ebay since they're a lot cheaper.

Thanks.

+1, my auber PID and my ebay PID both have the same setup. one hole is a true hole, the other is a "slot" that will let you slide the pid into place with the screw already in the heat sink. both are the exact same footprint.

Keep in mind that the ebay SSR from China might take 3 weeks for delivery. If you are not in a hurry then you can save a few bucks.

Having built a few control panels I would really recommend going with DIN mount components. It will be much cleaner to build and save you lots of pain in the long run. Open Source Control Systems has one of the best collections of DIN parts that apply to our segment in my opinion. Further I find their prices fair and shipping quick.

Cheers

But if he uses a DIN heatsink a unicorn will die because he doesn't have a 10 pound heatsink attached to the outside of his box!

Might have just doomed my SSR's to smoke LOL.

Back