Type of glass to drink from

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevokie

Reaction score
Just wondering what type of glass do you drink your beer from? Myself, I prefer a Mason jar, but that's really the only "glass" that I have, everything else is broken. We do have some kind of inexpensive wine glass that I drink from when I'm feeling snooty. :mug:

08globe.jpg

I use New Belgium glassware. Was fortunate to meet a rep at an event and he gave me an entire case.

I am one of those goobers that has a good size collection of glassware to choose from. I tend to use the proper glass if I can help it. It is less of a snooty thing but more that I have the glasses, it would be a shame not to use em.

I rotate between pint, tulip, and steins. Depends what I'm drinking and what's clean really.

I use mostly pints because they are so readily available and ive actually sorta started collecting cool ones that I find (I just recently got a pink floyd set wooo). However, I do have a traditional german stein coming my way from my sisters trip over to germany so i'm assuming that will get some use as well.

love the sam adams laser etched glasses my wife got me for my birthday a couple years back. Otherwise, the collection of pints I have get a good workout. Occasionally the stein my boys got me for my wedding reception, but it holds a LOT of beer and most of what I make it way too strong.

waffle mug but I brew mostly english or american ales. I do have a goblet or 2 for saisons and a few hefe glasses. american pints work in a pinch and aquired most of those at bar give aways or purchased at beer tastings.

I've noticed that when I use a heavier pint glass that usual, I take slower and more deliberate gulps and respect the beer a little more.

If I use a glass that isn't very heavy, or a glass that is cylindrical shaped, I find myself chugging it. :(

I drink from Pilsner glasses, not the flute type, look actually more like a weiss vase. Then again thats the only type I have around atm.

I've noticed that when I use a heavier pint glass that usual, I take slower and more deliberate gulps and respect the beer a little more.

If I use a glass that isn't very heavy, or a glass that is cylindrical shaped, I find myself chugging it. :(

Sounds like you could just pour some beer in the thumb hole of 16 lb bowling ball and it would last you all night. :ban:

Just wondering what type of glass do you drink your beer from? Myself, I prefer a Mason jar, but that's really the only "glass" that I have, everything else is broken. We do have some kind of inexpensive wine glass that I drink from when I'm feeling snooty. :mug:

Mason Jars huh! Must be a red neck. Meant that in a good way! Yee Haw! I love my country music. But I drink my home brews from a chilled heavy glass mug. Holds about 16 oz.

:mug:

I tend to use the right glass for the style, if I have actually have one, and it's clean.

I use my Trappist goblets and my Samuel Smith's pint glass the most, probably. Followed by my Erdinger Weizen glass - it's probably my favorite of the glasses I have, with a really sexy curvy profile, but that kind of glass is not well-suited to most styles.

I try to collect branded glasses, like the ones above, from breweries I like, but it's very difficult here. I also have non-branded examples of other glasses. A standard set of large and small snifters, some plain beer mugs, several pilsner glasses, and a set of 12 stanges (small, cylindrical glasses typically used to serve Kölsch.)

23oz Pils glasses, standard pint glasses, or a personalized mug from a buddy's wedding.

I do have specific pint glasses to be used in the event I'm watching either the Brewers or Packers. And before you say anything, yes, the teams do better when I'm using the correct glass! :rockin:

i have a pretty large collection of random glassware. mostly different beer companies and such, sometimes the dollar tree has some great beer/imperial pint glasses.
this is my favorite one though, got it at the dollar store
5344805913_af0fc7b395.jpg

i have a number of other ones, but if i find myself in barley wine territory, i try and get something like a brandy snifter

I try not to be much of a beer snob, but i do tend to use proper glass for whatever im drinking.. My glassware collection ranges from the Sam adams laser etched glasses to a drinking horn to Das Boot (the real deal Das Boot)

I try not to be much of a beer snob, but i do tend to use proper glass for whatever im drinking.. My glassware collection ranges from the Sam adams laser etched glasses to a drinking horn to Das Boot (the real deal Das Boot)

Das Boot means the boat, I think you want a Stiefel, that would be a boot. :rockin:

Das Boot means the boat, I think you want a Stiefel, that would be a boot. :rockin:

Yes, i know my German roughly lol. I call it Das Boot in regards to BeerFest, which made it famous. On more then one occasion i have polished the boot off from fill. (I dont recommend it to often):cross:

Usually an irish imperial pint or my weissbier vase/glass (for anything light)

My preferred glass is a small 4 oz glass that used to contain some kind of mexican sauce or something, I just pretend its a kolsch style glass imported from the rhine :)

i have a pretty large collection of random glassware. mostly different beer companies and such, sometimes the dollar tree has some great beer/imperial pint glasses.
this is my favorite one though, got it at the dollar store
5344805913_af0fc7b395.jpg

i have a number of other ones, but if i find myself in barley wine territory, i try and get something like a brandy snifter

I have the same glasses from dollar tree. They were marked "pilsner". But I use them for most beers.

I use my TapRoom glasses most of the time. I rotate in a tulip, goblet, Nonic Pint or American Pint occasionally as well depending on what I'm drinking. I break out the 1L Krug on rare occasion.
TRBlonde.jpg

I have the same glasses from dollar tree. They were marked "pilsner". But I use them for most beers.

The dollar tree has a couple different types of glassware I stacked up on. Colege students best friend really. I got normal pints couple pilsner glasses a weisen glass that I broke recently and a hug mug.

I like my sam Adams glasses, as well as my assorted pints I've picked up random places. (A Fat Tire, Sam Adams, Pony Express, Smithwick's, and a few that I picked up when my favorite bar was phasing their old glasses out in favor of new stuff...)

Sadly, my sister stole all my waffle pint mugs or I'd use those a heck of a lot.

I don't even own a pint glass. I can't stand those things. My most used glasses are probably my 12 oz Sam Adams glasses. I also have a pretty big collection of Belgian and German logo glassware. I wish I had some English ones but I guess my 20 oz noniks will have to do.

My wife surprised me last Christmas with a dozen pint glasses with my "brewery's" logo etched on the side. So I usually drink from those.

I also have a Green Bay Packers pint glass that I used all last season.... and since they won the SB, I would assume it's because of this :D

I get itchy fingers when it comes to glassware and collecting...needless to say I've got a decent collection. Usually drink whatever from my "Mine" pint.

I tend to switch it up now and then, but mostly its a Sam Adams glass or a set of Belgian tulips I've had forever.

I like curvy ones.I like the sam adams but dont own one and have yet to find my perfect glass. Ive been finding myself switching between pint glass coke glass tulip. I like my samuel smith tulip pint glass but wish it fit 12 oz and stopped making my 12 0z bottles looking so inadequet.Plus the mouth is too wide. I like the sam smith lazer etched lager glass that and my ayinger hefewiezen glass is a lot of fun to drink fun, dont know about that boot though anybody like drinking out of that?

Back