Pearland/South Houston Gatherings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gometz

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have recently taken up brewing again (had a 3 year hiatus due to many moves), and am really trying to get serious about it (read both The Brewmaster's Bible and Designing Great Beers in one week). I just made my first all grain beer (Muenchen Helles), and would like to be able to meet up with other home brewers to discuss homebrewing (especially because it's not football season yet).

So far searching here I have seen nothing about a group in Pearland or south Houston (though on a hop growing thread a lot of people seemed to be in the area).

Is there one? If not would anyone be interested in meeting up and sampling one another's beers? (my black imperial 75 minute IPA should be ready in a few weeks!)

I'm over in the Galleria/SW side off 59.
I would be interested in swapping brews and maybe getting some pointers on all grain as I only partial mash at the moment. The main reason I haven't jumped is the extra equipment and the potential stuck mashes!
-
But to answer your question I don't know but you can look at DeFalco's site. They used to list various groups including the Foam Rangers.

For Texans games? I might be interested. I think I may start going to the Foam Rangers next month to see what that is all about.

I'm a Foam Ranger - you should come to the meetings at Defalcos (good beer and advice from great brewers). There's also the Mashtronauts over toward NASA.
3rd Friday of each month at 7, plus other activities during the month.

I'm from Pearland. It seems there are more brewers in Pearland than I originally thought, from what I have seen on HBT anyway. I know a guy started a Facebook page recently called the "Pearland Brewers Society". You may check that out, it would be nice to find some fellow brewers close by.

Back