LHBS visit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mcliff1971

Reaction score
Just stopped by a local home brew store - The Homebrew Emporium (their Weymouth location). Talked with one of the guys there - Rick - really nice guy. Looking forward to my next visit and to do some more shopping! :ban:

Not in the least. You should see that guy with a few beers in him.

YIKES.

All I can say is hide the small furry woodland creatures if ya know what I mean.

Was just thinking about stopping at the Rensselaer location this week. How are the prices on ingredients?

Never been to the Renselaer store but have been to Weymouth and am in the Cambrdige store all the time. Prices are ok... they aren't cheap but they aren't necessarily high either. The reason I really like Modern Brewer is that they have EVERYTHING. They have EVERY grain, hop, yeast, etc.... it is really nice to walk into a brew shop and get exactly what you want instead of substituting half the grain bill.

... and McCliff... I know Rick real well (and Jim, the manager), we've been long-time members in the same brew club.. He's on HBT as HomeBeerBrewer and I'm just waiting for him to notice this thread and me makin' fun of his goofy azz.

Thanks Cape. I've been ordering most of my ingredients online but I'm starting to get into AG and it seems that if the LHBS is at least somewhat reasonable on grains and hops it would be worth it to just grab the stuff on my way home instead of paying for shipping. I'm glad you mentioned that they are well stocked! That was my biggest worry. The store that I have been going to for odds and ends is very hit or miss on pretty much everything and absurdly overpriced.

Do you know if the Home Brew Emporium mills grain?

... and McCliff... I know Rick real well (and Jim, the manager), we've been long-time members in the same brew club.. He's on HBT as HomeBeerBrewer and I'm just waiting for him to notice this thread and me makin' fun of his goofy azz.

LOL...Anyways....looking forward to finally having a LHBS a few miles from the house. It will be nice to be able to pick up a 50# sack of 2-row instead of ordering single batch amounts online. Is that the homebrew club based out of the Norton area?

Homebrew Emporium in West Boylston is the closest to me. I get my ingredients there, nice guys. Way overpriced for sure, but I'll pay for the convenience. Definitely not where I would go for a big equipment purchase, though.

Not the most helpful for advice. I've had WAY better luck finding answers here and on Google than those guys. (8ft of 1/4" ID beer line will balance a keg setup? Really? Come on, guys. Maybe at 4 psi that would work.)

Shortcomings aside, I still get my grains and hops there without issue, and will continue to do so until I get my own grain mill and can buy in bulk. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back