Pasteurizing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fuddham

Reaction score
I will be bottling USMikes's hard cider this weekend. I want to do some still and some carbed. I am going to pasteurize in the dishwasher. I would like to cork the still stuff and pasteurize after bottling. Can I pasteurize a corked bottle in the dishwasher or stovetop?

Thanks,

Scott

I will be bottling USMikes's hard cider this weekend. I want to do some still and some carbed. I am going to pasteurize in the dishwasher. I would like to cork the still stuff and pasteurize after bottling. Can I pasteurize a corked bottle in the dishwasher or stovetop?

Thanks,

Scott

Corked? What kind of bottles are you using?

Wine bottles will probably be ok for the portion you want to bottle as still. I'm not sure how corking and dishwasher pasteurization will work, as I have never tried either.

Do not put the portion that you want carbed into wine bottles. They are not designed to hold up to the pressure. Champaign bottles would work, or beer bottles.

Back