Suggestions for what to brew next...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

illin8

Reaction score
I have an AHS Amber Ale wrapping up in the primary right now and also have the AHS Chocolate Raspberry Stout on immediate deck (was hoping to brew it this past weekend to no avail) that will be getting done as soon as I get a chance, but I'm looking forward to the not so distant future and figured I'd ask for some suggestions. I'd like to get some other brews online that will mature fairly quick (at least one for the 4th of July would be great) and I can enjoy as a good summer beer for those warm days. I'd like to throw some other more 'complex' beers in the mix that I can let sit until fall and deer camp (thinkin ahead for a pumpkin ale and oktoberfest [<--which I may be late for]).

Got any EXTRACT (specialty grains ok) ideas for this noob to get a lineup going? With sooooo many choices I keep getting hung up, but I'm fairly convinced a Bavarian Hefe is gonna bat first, then I was thinking Blonde Ale or Wheat or even Ginger Ale...then get hung up again thinking I should intersperse a more complex beer say every other one so I can have some damn good brew by Oct-Nov.

Choices...choices...:drunk:

If you want something quick, good, and light and refreshing for the summer - think hefeweizen. They don't need to sit and clear, and they don't really need much in the way of agin. You can literally get away with drinkable in 3 weeks if you rush it.

Since you're waiting almost 2 months, it should be just fine.

+1 for the hefeweizen, or a dunkelweizen if you want something a bit darker.

Ferment quickly, no worries about the cloudiness, and they are pretty damn tasty and refreshing.

Back