electric brewery help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squidtpd

Reaction score
Ok, I have a rims system (mlt) running on a pid with a rtd sensor. My bk and hlt are heated with propane. I'm tired of the garage brewing here in Ohio. Cold in the winter and hot in the summer. I have a room in my basement I would like to make into a electric brewery. My 200 amp service is about 3 feet from the area I would like to set up my system. I would like to make my bk and hlt electric. I'm currently using one march pump for my system. I have 2 extra pumps for the design if need? There is so much information on electric brewing on the site, it's hard to make a decision. Thx for the input.

hlt and bk design. I would like to stay with 110v if possable? What elements and would a love controller or pid be best? My current rims has a uld 4500 watt element running on 110v.

For an HLT Id go 3000W and up. You can get away with 2000W though.

For a BK Id go 4500W and up.

You arent really going to have much fun boiling a full 5 gallon batch with much less than 4500W. You can see why 240VAC is nice to have when you start talking BK.

Back