Ever get your shirt-tail hung on your tap handle?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moonbrew

Reaction score
So yesterday was a snow day. We don't get too many of those in southern VA, so I thought I would take advantage of the opportunity and brew a cream ale, (maybe I should have gone with a winter warmer). Everything was going great, hit my mash temp, boil volume gravity was spot on, caught up on some cleaning during the boil, and then went to get my Irish moss out of the brew closet. I got the Irish moss and a few other things off the shelf, and as I turned to walk back out, somehow my shirt-tail got caught on the tap handle of my keezer. Before I realized what had just hapened, turned around, dropped what I had in my hands and closed the faucet, I had dumped about pint of Apfelwein on my carpet. Thing is, I had just set the regulator at 30psi that morning to force carbonate. You get quite a pour at 30psi...

I know, I know, I shouldn't have had the faucet connected while at 30psi force carbonating. A point I'm now quite aware of.

I'm I the only r-tard who has ever done this before? :cross:

we've all done dumb sh*t before... LOL. I once hooked up a disconnect to the keg when I had not put the tap back together after cleaning... It shot out 4 feet horizontally to hit the wall behind the bar!

Now that I put shelves above my keez, I've dropped two or three things on the handles. Lost a pint of a honey blonde and a drip tray FULL of cider. Gotta fix that...

B

Back