Geary's 20th Anniversary #4

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stinkiestbink

Reaction score
I am going way out on a limb with this one.

Here in Maine we have Geary's Brewery in Portland. Last year was their 20th anniversary and they released four one time only batches. My wife and I consider the fourth batch to be one of the best brews ever. We bought 4 cases of it, and only three bottles remain.

Hanging off the limb, I am trying to find a clone. I only have seven bathes under my belt, and cant seem to figure out the ingredients for this one. If anyone has had this beer and can help, it would be greatly appreciated. Chances are, it was only sold in New England though.

Thanks!

excellent! looks about right on too. thanks a bunch. I am going to try converting it to grain/extract because i haven't graduated yet...

thanks again.

Dude, you should definitely contact the brewery. Most micro breweries are usually more than happy to help homebrewers and I'm sure they'd appreciate the flattery.

i have emailed them and received no response. My wife has called and so far has been unsuccessful.

i actually have one more favor. I tried to convert this, but it seems like i am screwing up the calculations. would some be able to give me a hand?

Thank you in advance

i tried to convert this and ended up with 6.6 lbs of lme and 1.8 lbs of dme. does this sound right? also, do i need to convert the smaller grains or can i just steep them like normal?

Thanks.

The LME and DME sound close. Go ahead and steep the grains. The only grains that will convert at all are the Munich and they should mostly convert after 15 mins steeping.

Back