Beer Food

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew chick

Reaction score
Well i've just put a large steak and ale pie in the oven that i just made up with home made scot export and was wondering if any one else cooks with beer? I have a recipe for beer bread i mean to try one day soon,i've chuck't a hand full of grain from the mash tun in a dough mix and it was very nice,like granary.but the usual way is to substitute the water for beer.any one want to share their recipes?:drunk:

Beer Pancake Recipe:
  • Krusteaz pancake mix
  • Beer
Directions:
Mix the pancake mix with the beer. Pour onto hot griddle. Flip when there are exactly 367 bubbles on top of pancake. *Add butter and maple syrup & enjoy.

*Butter may be substituted with peanut butter.

:p

AHU

1 tbsp olive oil
1.5lb braising steak,cut into cubes
2 onions,peeled and chopped into large chunks
1 tbsp plain flour
3/4 pint of ale/stout/beer,what ever you got.
2 bay leaf
1 sprig thyme
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6oz mushrooms cut in large chunks
8oz puff pastry
heat the oil in a large pan,then add the meat and fry until browned all over.Add the onion and cook for a further min.
Stir in the flour and gradually add the ale,stirring all the time(the beer may froth).Add the bay leaf and thyme,and season well.cover and simmer gently for one and a half hours.
I usualy make the pastry now(or you can buy ready to roll stuff).
preheat the oven to gas 7/220c or 425f.
Add the mushrooms to the meat and stir.Transfer to an ovenproof pie dish and dampen the top edges.
Roll out the pastry and cover the dish,pinch the edges with your finger tips.brush the pastry with a beaten egg or milk,put 2 or 3 slits in the top.
bake in the oven for 25-30 mins or till its golden brown.
This is a realy nice pie so enjoy!:mug:

Stouts are commonly used in chili up here. I've used beer in stews, chili, bread, garlic beef, BBQ and I keep a couple cans of Curs around for making the brine I soak sausage in before grilling. The Curs brine can also be used for quelling BBQ fires.

1 stick unsalted butter
1 cup turbinado sugar
3 large eggs
2 cup a.p. flour
1.5 teaspoon baking soda
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup guinness
1 cup mollasses

in large bowl cream butter and sugar; beat in eggs one at a time.
in medium bowl sift dry ingredients.
in another bowl combine beer and molasses (mmm).
alternately add dry mix and beer mix to egg mix, beating after each addition.
pour into 13X9 inch greased, parchment lined cake pan.
bake @ 350F for 35 min.

3-2-1 Beer Bread

3 cups Self-Rising Flour
2 Tablespoons Sugar
1 12 oz. Bottle of Beer

Combine until incorperated, knead with more flour, form into loaf, bake for 1 hour at 400 degrees.

For something a little sweeter, use a fruit beer and substitute 1/4 cup (or more) of sugar.

Brew chick said:
1 tbsp olive oil
1.5lb braising steak,cut into cubes
2 onions,peeled and chopped into large chunks
1 tbsp plain flour
3/4 pint of ale/stout/beer,what ever you got.
2 bay leaf
1 sprig thyme
salt and freshly ground black pepper
6oz mushrooms cut in large chunks
8oz puff pastry
heat the oil in a large pan,then add the meat and fry until browned all over.Add the onion and cook for a further min.
Stir in the flour and gradually add the ale,stirring all the time(the beer may froth).Add the bay leaf and thyme,and season well.cover and simmer gently for one and a half hours.
I usualy make the pastry now(or you can buy ready to roll stuff).
preheat the oven to gas 7/220c or 425f.
Add the mushrooms to the meat and stir.Transfer to an ovenproof pie dish and dampen the top edges.
Roll out the pastry and cover the dish,pinch the edges with your finger tips.brush the pastry with a beaten egg or milk,put 2 or 3 slits in the top.
bake in the oven for 25-30 mins or till its golden brown.
This is a realy nice pie so enjoy!:mug:

Oh man, that sounds good!

1 bag crushed Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
1 12 coors light.

Crush all noodles in bag. Bring 1 can of Coors light to a boil. Add noodles and chicken flavor. Stir, turn off stove, cool. Enjoy? Better try this one once your really fit shased. Its horrible. Must be the Coors.

Just had a wicked thought- substitute bakers yeast for a few spoon full's of beer yeast out of your primary next time ya make bread!now that is on my to do list,next weekend when the ginger ale's done i think.
el pistolero were's that trade? now you,ve seen mine lets see yours!!;)

There are some bread recipes on the site that use trub. Haven't tried one, but they sound nice and chewy.

Beermaker said:
1 bag crushed Chicken flavored Ramen Noodles
1 12 coors light.

Crush all noodles in bag. Bring 1 can of Coors light to a boil. Add noodles and chicken flavor. Stir, turn off stove, cool. Enjoy? Better try this one once your really fit shased. Its horrible. Must be the Coors.

LOL....what a waste of noodles! :D

Back