Kegerator General Question?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drunkagain

Reaction score
I'm going to head out this weekend to pick up a drop in freezer and try to get started on making my kegerator. I've got a few questions though.

I'm planning to start with three kegs on tap. From reading through past posts it sounds like 5' of 3/16 ID beer line and keeping it at around 40* F should be a good compromise for a wide variety of beers. Does that sound right?

Thanks

EdWort said:
Yep.... I keep mine around 38/39.

Thanks man. If things go right your Apfelwein should be one of the first things I end up with on tap. I've got a batch coming up on the three week mark and its starting to slow down and clear up a bit. Can't wait to give it a try.

For the extra ~$3.00 might as well go with 7' of beer line, if it is too much you can always cut it shorter. Just my $0.02.

Where are you mounting the faucets, in a collar or up on a tower? If you mount in a collar, you're going to need more than 5'. It will be more like 8-9 in my opinion. Because it's so much cheaper to buy 10 foot runs than going with 5 first and finding out you really needed 7, just buy 10 and start there.

Don't forget, you'll need a temp controller if you use a freezer.

Latest posts

Back