Another love thermostat wiring question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tylo_k2008

Reaction score
Hey so I am wiring my ts2-010 Love Thermostat and I want to wire it to an electrical outlet so I don't have to worry about splicing through wires and risk ruining my freezer. I was just wondering how you hook it up to the electrical outlet - I see where th black and white wires go, but where does the green one go? And if anyone has any tips and advice that would be great. Thanks!!

Hi

Electric wire at 110 VAC:

Ground wires never get broken. They can be green or un-insulated or something else altogether. Ground ties to ground and nothing else. If it's ground keep it connected all the way through.

White is normally neutral. Treat it the same as ground above, white goes to white and they never get broken by a switch or relay. White can go to a load.

Black is normally hot. It's the one you switch and it's the only one you switch. If you have a fuse or breaker, it goes in the black lead. Black only ties to black, to a load or to a switch of some sort. Never tie it directly to white or ground.

Bob

The neutral and ground wire on your output outlet connect directly to the cord powering the unit. Run a jumper wire from the hot wire on the feed cord to #9 and then a wire from #10 to hot connection on your output outlet.

Ok this is the picture and diagram I have and this iswhat I am trying to do. So far I cut all the extension chord. I have the 3 Black wires comming out of port 8, 10, 11 and the white wire connected to number 7 on my ts2-010 thermostat. 9 is empty (not sure why, but thats what all the diagrams show). I have the electrical plug seen at the end of picture one. I am just not sure on the electrical outlet im connecting where exactly the green wire connects, unless I have the wrong outlet or something. All I see is Black gets wired on one side and White on the other.

1111111.jpg

22222222.png

tylo_k2008 said:
Hey so I am wiring my ts2-010 Love Thermostat and I want to wire it to an electrical outlet so I don't have to worry about splicing through wires and risk ruining my freezer. I was just wondering how you hook it up to the electrical outlet - I see where th black and white wires go, but where does the green one go? And if anyone has any tips and advice that would be great. Thanks!!

There is a separate screw toward the bottom. A simple google search reveals...

http://soleragroup.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/outlet.jpg

Ok awesome! (Im a dumb@!s) I just realized I bought a two prong instead of a three prong plug now that I looked at it. Ahh sucks. Oh well gives me a reason to walk around home depot for awhile. Anyways while were on the subject - Since there is two outlets on the plug - am I able to hook up both outlets? I know the outlet will be powered based on the temp of the freezer and when the Love Thermostat wants to kick on or off - But incase I want to hook up a light to the plug so I can time how long my keezer stays on and how long its off.

When wiring your 3-pronged outlet, the White goes to the side that has the longer (wider?) prongs. You can certainly use both outlets - there is a metal tab between the sets of screws that carries the current to both outlets. So, one wire on one screw handles that whole side. If you want them separated, you break that metal tab and feed the other screw with something.

Can i just split the 14 guage wire in half and feed it to both screws?

You can make a jumper wire to connect both screws but you shouldn't have to. Outlets will come with a metal jumper that connects both screws unless you break that jumper.
The screws are color coded on the outlet as well. the brass color screw is your black wire. the silver color screw is your white wire. and the green will be your ground.(green wire)

Back