The greatest beer reviewer ever!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Irie5447

Reaction score
Ok, I have seen this guys videos posted on here before. He has several different beer reviews on youtube. Here is his review for Rogue's Dead Guy Ale. It is absolutely hilarious and entertaining!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFvs48rR_J4&feature=related]YouTube - Dead Guy Ale review[/ame]

My thoughts on this:

1) Where was this recorded? Looks like a tent in the mountains of Afghanistan.

2) I think the reviewer is "Chet", the bully brother from Weird Science.

3) What a meatstick! Or a ******. Or simply just a huge tool.

4) He doesn't like the beer because he can't see himself playing "beer pong" with it.

That being said, although I don't agree that Dead Guy is the "worst beer ever", I'm not a fan, and I don't understand what all the hype is about. Rogue makes awesome beers, maybe I'm just not a fan of the style. Isn't Dead Guy a Maibock?

Heh... he smelled it from the bottle. Not terribly wrong - but you can get a much better sense of the aromatics of any beer by pouring it into a proper glass.

I didn't really pick up too much humor in it, and he really didn't do much of a review. No comments on head, body, mouthfeel, carbonation, etc.

I'm guessing that he's a BMC guy and considers Blue Moon to be an exotic import. :D

I think the image on the bottle is what sells the beer..lol..Although for what its worth it is a Maibock and it came out in the 90's. I think that is pretty impressive for a Micro Brewery at the time. Im not a fan of this particular beer but Rogue does make great beers. I remember when Sam Adams was the only beer that you can taste the hops in years ago. Oh and what's up with the AK-47's on the wall? I guess thats for the people that don't agree with his reviews?

Unless this is satire, this guy just lost all credibility with this one. Here's his review of Coors Light - which, according to him, is considered a pale ale:

[youtube]4Y0MoI_rVWM[/youtube]

Then again, he can pickup barley while smelling the bottle, and the hops.

LMAO.. here are some other beers he's tried that don't hold a candle to Coors Light:

Fat Tire
Small Anchor (I'm guessing he means Anchor Steam) - "Really, really gross"
Slavochik (dunno, I've never heard of it)
Sapporo - "that **** sucks"
Fosters - "This sucks, this is nasty... it's Australian for whale piss"

St. Pauli's Girl (St. Pauli Girl) - "Actually not too bad"
Beck's - "Actually pretty decent"

"But by far, all these beers get their ass kicked by Coors Light."

This is like a train wreck... I can't stop watching...

What a rube. Gun racks and everything, rednecks crack me up.
Sapporo - "that **** sucks"
Fosters - "This sucks, this is nasty... it's Australian for whale piss"

Hey, he's right here anyway.

I really love this guy! He gives me hope that I could review beer and people will put it up on the Internets.

Seriously though. Did he read up on the style and description before tasting? Does he only like lighter, drier beers?

I mean, DGA is ok, not my favorite style, but it doesn't make me want to vomit! I think he is just averse to thicker, maltier beers. Hideous is a bit harsh, and not very helpful for a review. Does it meet the style? Yes? Then maybe your tastes are the problem!

I don't like Sour beers. If I had to review one though, I'd be honest and say ahead of time that I don't care for them and keep that in mind.

Heh. I'd like to see him sample a good funky Belgian style! Tasting of horse and leather.

I know this guy has been mentioned before but I LOVE him. You have to check out his coors light review. He attests that this is the greatest beer in the world, says it is a pale ale several times, shows us how to properly pour a beer while dribbling half of it down the side of the glass; what can you not like about this guy.

I guess I give him kudos for being a BMC die hard beer drinker while still having the balls to try a ton of other beers outside his realm of taste. If only he could know a little more about beer before reviewing them, like the difference between lager and ale.

Bah no Youtube at work. What is the gus Youtube handle, I'll pull it up on my iphone..

EDIT disregard, I found it, kind of hard to miss the AR-15's on the wall

I like him. He never pretends to know what he is talking about, so all the silly stuff is fine by me. At least he is not a pretentious *******.

I would have a drink with him, and I'm betting we would both enjoy it.

To quote:

"Like my grandfather always said "you need to always take a pull from the bottle""

hey Ass-hat! Was your grandfather sampling alot of craft brews?

I also like how we was referring to a review website while he was tasting the beer...I like how you are trying to form your own opinion of the beer...by reading what others have said about it. Dink.

Besides the spicy notes and the color (which I saw him read off of the screen), he really didn't say anything else about the actual beer...nothing about the hops, the malt character, the aftertaste., etc.

His Chimay Grand Reserve review is awesome. First of all he has no concept of bottle conditioning as his is tipping it all over the place before opening to stir up the yeast. Second of all he LOVES the beer. I love that about his reviews, he's as honest as hell and can give both Coors Light and Chimay 5 stars but can trash dead guy all day. I find it encouraging that he wants to like good beers and is trying them but is very honest about styles he hates.

Also I think i nearly had a heart attack watching him drink Chimay Grand Reserve from the bottle. I don't think that has ever been done in the history of beer.

To quote:

"Like my grandfather always said "you need to always take a pull from the bottle""

hey Ass-hat! Was your grandfather sampling alot of craft brews?

I also like how we was referring to a review website while he was tasting the beer...I like how you are trying to form your own opinion of the beer...by reading what others have said about it. Dink.

Besides the spicy notes and the color (which I saw him read off of the screen), he really didn't say anything else about the actual beer...nothing about the hops, the malt character, the aftertaste., etc.

That's just because he has no clue. I appreciate though that he is trying this stuff. That's how you learn your tastes.

It's great that he's willing to try new beers and expand his palate.

After watching some of his more reent reviews, they are certainly getting better. That Coors Light review is still freaking hilarious though.

The mountains are blue, what else do you need to know?

LOL....I thought that was the only funny part: how excited he got over coors lite and how it was such a great beer. I think that's why he dribbled so much of it...he couldn't contain his excitement over his favorite beer. The blue mountains just make it so.

But hey, he's willing to try other beers (from his terminology, I think he thinks all beers are ales)....so I won't rag on him much. Though I do wonder what he'd think of a Coney Island lager (one that's nice and pale, but tons more flavor then a BMC).

Honestly, after watching a few of his shows, if you gave the majority of American beer drinker the same beer line up to sample they would give the same reviews. Craft beer drinkers are still the minority.

I've seen and heard "serious" beer reviews by folks who claim to know about beer, that were 100% more moronic and sad then that guy. I've seen BJCP certified judged score sheets that lacked any coherence to the beer they were describing. So an admitted "Coors light" drinker at least sampling different beers other than just BMC is ok in my book. Hell it’s more informative then the Sunday Show. Not everybody can be an Elitist Ass Clown.

"that makes this beer the best f******* beer ever...because the mountains are blue"
"mmmmm smells like beer"
"By far all of these beers get their as* kicked by Coors Lite"

We need to introduce this guy to Craig Tube!! Could you imagine the video they could produce!!?!?!?!

LMFAO

However, I give this guy a lot of credit for trying different beers. He should drink and enjoy what he likes...even if he is a Coors EAC.

I think this is pretty cool. We were all like that once, not knowing what we are drinking, what is good and being totally shocked by new beers. I didn't like everything when I started getting after it.

I think his reviews are honest and raw. He isn't trying to be a jerk or funny and is just giving his opinions. I think he is totally legit and looks like he is having some fun with online friends. Coolumb by me.

If he keeps it up, I am sure he will start appreciating different beers more and more.

I like him. He never pretends to know what he is talking about, so all the silly stuff is fine by me. At least he is not a pretentious *******.

Hey Gnome, it's you, isn't it? I knew it!! Busted!:ban:

Someone should send him some sort of IIPA to try. I've never seen anyone go into shock before.

lol.gif

I like him more now that his take on Dead Guy is so in line with mine. Bleh.

The guy's clueless about what he's doing, but whatever. It is amusing, and if it annoys even one person on BeerAdvocate, I call it a success.

Hey Gnome, it's you, isn't it? I knew it!! Busted!:ban:

Close, but no cigar. I meet most of the criteria, except for the fact that I AM a pretentious *******! :)

I used to be a liiiitle bit like this, not in the liking of coor's but in not knowing much about beers or homebrew. I just knew that if something was produced on a large scale then I probably wouldn't like it. Here's an iReport I did over a year ago when Bud got bought out. I was a little drunk if memory serves and apparently baffled by what I was talking about.

Funny story: CNN called me up and wanted to use this on air. All I thought was: am I really the best that they could put on the air?

So I guess I'll give the guy some credit for not caring what people think. And I subscribed to his channel.

Is bigger really better? Micro brews thrive without expansion - iReport.com

I used to be a liiiitle bit like this, not in the liking of coor's but in not knowing much about beers or homebrew. I just knew that if something was produced on a large scale then I probably wouldn't like it. Here's an iReport I did over a year ago when Bud got bought out. I was a little drunk if memory serves and apparently baffled by what I was talking about.

Funny story: CNN called me up and wanted to use this on air. All I thought was: am I really the best that they could put on the air?

So I guess I'll give the guy some credit for not caring what people think. And I subscribed to his channel.

Is bigger really better? Micro brews thrive without expansion - iReport.com

Darn!! I was so looking forward to ripping the piss!!!! There was nothing wrong with that iReport damn you!!

Please post something that i can ridicule you in public for. Would that be too much to ask?

Is that the Ghostbusters Ghost Trap sitting on his desk in the DGA review? He might be a ghostbuster!!

I have to go back and watch these videos again and see if I can catch a glimpse of a proton accelerator stashed somewhere around his bunker. If so, I might have to rethink my entire assessment of this dude.

Is that the Ghostbusters Ghost Trap sitting on his desk in the DGA review? He might be a ghostbuster!!

I have to go back and watch these videos again and see if I can catch a glimpse of a proton accelerator stashed somewhere around his bunker. If so, I might have to rethink my entire assessment of this dude.

F*cking hilarious! He's not a Ghostbuster though. Those guys were cool. I'm guessing this guy is a bouncer at Talledega Motor Speedway or something. Maybe he a professional paintball player. Use your imagination!

He's got a video where he replies to the comments he gets and he's just like, "I make these videos for the people on the message board I read. I'm just some guy reviewing things for my friends."

He knows jack ****, but whatever. It is for his friends.

Back