score!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skyebrewing

Reaction score
So at school, i struck up a conversation with my chem professor about home brewing and next thing i know, he is digging though old out of circulation/un-audited equipment. I walked out with a 1960's heated stir plate, 2l and 1.5l flasks, 2 stir bars and a magnetic stir bar retriever.
Nothing says good day like free stuff!

Just make sure to clean the crap out of everything. Chemists can use some REALY nasty things.

So it s magnetic stir bar retriever just a magnet or am I missing something... good job on getting free stuff.

Clem

I figured. Several cleanings to come and we shall see. Just cool to get handed a bunch of stuff from an old home brewer who appreciates it.
The retriever looks like a high temp plastic candy cane with a magnet buried in one end to "grab" it. Which is nice because im sure its only time before the bar goes in the fermenter. I have a picture if i ever get off my phone and on the computer...

So it s magnetic stir bar retriever just a magnet or am I missing something... good job on getting free stuff.

Clem

Duh

stir_bar_retriever.jpg

Give it a good wash, then find an oven and bake it or run it through a self clean cycle. Good as new.

Back