Surly Tour!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slykwilli

Reaction score
I finally scored a tour for Surly!! driving up from Des Moines in a couple of weeks and I'm looking for suggestions on where to stay in or near MSP. I want to stay somewhere near a pub that would have Surly on tap and some good food. Any suggestions? Thanks fellas :mug:

What a jerk. :tank: I have been trying for months to get into a tour. With that kind of luck you should buy a Powerball ticket. As for Surly on tap thats about 50 -60% of the bars I've been to, but I am new to the area. If you find yourself in Eden Prairie, MN hit me up via a PM for a homebrew.

Depending where you stay I would suggest Cafe Maude (South Minneapolis), Pizza Luce (Uptown, Hopkins, Various other locations), Barrio (South Minneapolis), The Happy Gnome (St. Paul), Town Hall Brewery(Dinkytown **Does not have Surly but they have great beer**),The Bulldog NE (Northeast).

All have Surly except for Town Hall, all have great food, all have great beer.

EDIT: I have been on 2 Surly tours. They are a lot of fun. Surlyfest is also worth the money as well as Darkness day (or so I hear because I have never been).

Town Hall is phenomenal. Their 1800 IPA is one of the best beers I have ever had.

The Aloft hotel, right near there, is very nice, too. I'm not sure what their room rate is these days, but it was reasonable when I stayed there a year ago. If you're looking for something to do before beer o'clock, the Mill City Museum is extremely interesting. I never expected to get really into the history of flour, but there it is.

Town Hall is phenomenal. Their 1800 IPA is one of the best beers I have ever had.

The Aloft hotel, right near there, is very nice, too. I'm not sure what their room rate is these days, but it was reasonable when I stayed there a year ago. If you're looking for something to do before beer o'clock, the Mill City Museum is extremely interesting. I never expected to get really into the history of flour, but there it is.

I like Town Hall a lot, also. We're planning on dinner and a couple of beers there ourselves in two weeks.

I don't know of any places by MSP or Mall of America, though. We stay away like it has the plague. :cross:

Edit- I know that those from Minneapolis sneer at Stubbs & Herbs, but I like it! It's by the university, so far from MSP, but it has good beer on tap, decent sandwiches, and is walking distance to some decent Vietnamese places if you don't feel like a sandwich.

MalFet said:

Their scotch ale is unreal.

Good luck on the tour and enjoy Minneapolis. Tons of good beer everywhere.

I did the 3-5 tour yesterday and someone fainted during it. And ambulance came and took them away, I guess they are alright though. Lots of beer was to be had, and an interesting tour guide.

again, thanks for all the help! We ended up staying at the Holiday Inn near the Metrodome ... just 20 feet from Town Hall brewery. They had great beers, and The Republic was just across the street who also had a great selection of beers! thanks again everyone! :mug:

Back