Coffin keezer bar build has begun

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glavini

Reaction score
Finally have the chest freezer to begun the build. Bought the 2x4s a few days ago and now I can begin. Got the inspiration from cruelkix and jetlink1983. Hopefully it comes out as nice.

image-2585514734.jpg

image-3501174322.jpg

Subscribed! I love following these things. Looks like your off to a solid start.....keep up the good work. Check out my keezer thread in my signature line for some ideas related to coffin cooling, temp. controls, etc. Let me know if I can help in any way. Keep the progress and pics. a comin'. :mug:

good luck! I finally got my freezer a few weeks back and will eventually need to venture down this route but I don't think it will happen until sometime early next year as I still need to get my single tier built.

So for now I just have a chest freezer sitting nicely at 34 degrees (modified the internal thermostat) with some picnic taps inside. At least I can have beer on tap even if it doesn't look fancy yet.

Tough to make progress with a sick wife and a 1 and 3 year old but I've been able to sneak in an hour here and there.

Still don't know what the finished product will look like since the boss lady keeps changing her mind, but I'll take it at least she's letting me build it.

image-3340772747.jpg

image-3172329169.jpg

Little more work. It opens!!! Just need to put a couple more pieces for support. I'll probably add some shelves next

image-3793675.jpg

Looking good. My wife said I can build a keezer if I incorporate it into a full bar build. Maybe in the winter.
What kind of top are you planning? Wife wants granite but I don't see how it will be possible.
Keep up the progress. I plan on taking a lot from this build.

We were actually discussing what type of top we were going to use today. Granite was mentioned but nothing is set in stone. She wants it to look like something out of pottery barn or restoration hardware

I've been away traveling on business but I finally got a chance to work on it some more. On my way to home depot to pick up a couple of things. Total cost so far including freezer plus a couple of new tools is ~350

image-1005323849.jpg

Starting to install the top. Wife and I agreed on a laminate top. Would take a pic but the fumes were starting to get to me.

Man that bar molding looks great, wish I had known about that stuff like a week ago when I was doing mine

wncbrewer said:
I also would like to suggest copper as a bar top surface, I like the way it turned out on mine, and it is much lighter than tile or stone. One 20 foot roll of copper flashing for 35 bucks is all it took. See pics if you would like here

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-simple-3-tap-keezer-build-279300/

We were actually talking about going with a copper top, I thought it would have been a lot more expensive that that. Oh well, maybe next build.

glavini said:
Starting to install the top. Wife and I agreed on a laminate top. Would take a pic but the fumes were starting to get to me.

I must have missed this before, sorry for the redundant post. Its really looking great

Finished up the trim work and picked up the bar molding.

Im getting ready to build my bar, I was going to do something similar trim wise on the bottle, but I hadnt thought of the trim inside the big squares I might have to copy that.

My question is can you take a picture of the corner on the bottom of the bar. How did you finish that off.... 45 degree on each side?... Overlaped?
I cant tell from the pic.

mlyday said:
Im getting ready to build my bar, I was going to do something similar trim wise on the bottle, but I hadnt thought of the trim inside the big squares I might have to copy that.

My question is can you take a picture of the corner on the bottom of the bar. How did you finish that off.... 45 degree on each side?... Overlaped?
I cant tell from the pic.

I think this is what you are talking about. Picked up some of this molding from lowes and attached it right at the corner.

image-3137430779.jpg

image-3308389434.jpg

I think this is what you are talking about. Picked up some of this molding from lowes and attached it right at the corner.

Exactly what I was talking about. Wasnt sure how to handle that. I could see the indention in the other pic, but couldnt figure out what you did.

Need to put another coat on the bar rail
picking up some bar stools today. Also got approval to install a flat screen tv somewhere. I'll probably pick up a small one and I stall it in a corner somewhere. Boss lady also wants to pick up some leather chairs to go in the room. Not the largest room but it will work. I also initially just thought I was going to build a keezer so this is a bonus for me.

image-66533061.jpg

image-1641722997.jpg

image-3439777628.jpg

Loving the color of the stain! Looks great, just wish the pictures were bigger!

I'll take pictures with my actual camera tomorrow instead of my cell phone. Moving the leather seats in now hopefully I'll get the tv up tomorrow.

Back