Newb Bottling/Kegging Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroT

Reaction score
So I'm pretty new to the scene and I just built my first keezer.

If I brew a batch of beer and I want to bottle 14 beers to have on reserve for my stash and I want to keg the rest... do I just put a few gallons in a different bucket and then add the priming sugar and bottle it and put the other bucket into the keg and carb it?

If I put a whole batch into the keg I don't need to use priming sugar correct?

Could I force carb and then take it from the tap to the bottle and cap it?

Thanks!

I am a newb as well, but everything I have heard and read on this site says it's decently difficult to bottle from the keg. The beer tends to be flat unless you use a specific tool that infuses co2 a certain way. Do a general search on the forum and you will see some great posts on this subject. I would think it would be easier to bottle what you need and keg the rest. Obviously you would need to measure your priming sugar accordingly. No priming sugar necessary if you plan to force carb in a keg. Good luck.

So I'm pretty new to the scene and I just built my first keezer.

If I brew a batch of beer and I want to bottle 14 beers to have on reserve for my stash and I want to keg the rest... do I just put a few gallons in a different bucket and then add the priming sugar and bottle it and put the other bucket into the keg and carb it?

If I put a whole batch into the keg I don't need to use priming sugar correct?

Could I force carb and then take it from the tap to the bottle and cap it?

Thanks!

You might want to check out BierMunchers thread on this. Ive never done it myself but it might help you.

Back