distance from banjo to wind screen

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucfanmike

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Cutting my stainless today for wind screens for the bg 14s. Ive looked at many ways they have been mounted and cant find for sure if there is a consensus on distance between the burner and screen. Has anyone not been happy by just mounting the screen tight to the mounting points on the burner? Is there an advantage to spacing them about another inch away?

I use keggles btw if it makes a difference, oh and these will be run on low pressure.

Cutting my stainless today for wind screens for the bg 14s. Ive looked at many ways they have been mounted and cant find for sure if there is a consensus on distance between the burner and screen. Has anyone not been happy by just mounting the screen tight to the mounting points on the burner? Is there an advantage to spacing them about another inch away?

I use keggles btw if it makes a difference, oh and these will be run on low pressure.

I would think you'd want at least a little space around the burner to draw air in.

I would think the pie shape areas inside the burner would be plenty to allow the burner to draw air in.

413062DPW6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Blickmann Engineering would seem to agree. Their burner is the one on the right below.

image3.jpeg

I would think you'd want at least a little space around the burner to draw air in.

I think the more important thing is making sure you have a place for the exhaust gas to go. You'll need to stand your pot/keggle above the windscreen a bit so there is a place for exhaust gases to escape. Some have also cut vent holes in the lower rim of their keggles.

belgian_stout_blichmann_burner.jpg

jfrizzell, good point on the blichmanns, i guess they do know their stuff. Also I plan on having my screen stop about an inch below the deck, should allow room for exhaust gases. Thanks for the replies!

Latest posts

Back