Most Disgusting Beer Ever - Cucumber Flavored

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

darrenbrews

Reaction score
Magic Hat Hicu cucumber flavored beer. This was the first time I ever dumped a beer down the drain because it was 100% disgusting and totally undrinkable. But I do I like the other Magic Hat beers.

That is very odd. I mean I've had cucumber in water before and it wasn't bad I'm just not sure about beer. Did it just come out? Haven't seen it in my area.

It is not just cucumber, but Hibiscus and Cucumber...

I will try just about anything once.

I looked at this beer as part of a variety pack. After reading the description, it stayed on the shelf.

I can't stand cucumber So I would never try it, but I know some people like it. That being said, I have no idea why you would make a beer with that flavor.

I didn't think it was drain pouring bad. It is a very unique flavor. I would not want more than 1 or so at a time but its kind of refreshing. It does have a slightly soapy aftertaste though. I would rank it ~2.25/5 stars

I found it refreshing. I hate "fruity" or "girly" beers but that was pretty balanced. Not saying that I would ever buy it or drink it again but I have had far worse and it was interesting.

Two Magic Hat bashing comments...

1. Someone once told me that Magic Hat isn't a brewery but a marketing company.
2. You poured out a Magic Hat beer? *Gasps*

All jokes aside, everyone has different preferences but MH hasn't done anything for me.

Cigar City did a cucumber saison a while back. Tasted exactly like the cucumber salad you get with sushi. I wasn't impressed.

I would say its all in how its made. I have a Cucumber Pale Ale that I "dry hop" with cucumber and also have coriander in it. Its easily one of everyones favorite beers of mine... judges seem to think so too:mug:

I thought cucumber ice cream sounded good...until I made some.

Okra blech..............that would make quite the snotty slimy mess in the boil kettle :(

I also tried this a week or 2 ago in a variety pack. Was not a fan, and neither was anyone at the party I brought this too, haha!

Props for MH for trying something "different", but seems Apricot is better received than Hibiscus and Cucumber.

Hendricks Gin uses cucumber, in lieu of juniper. I'm told it's worth going for. Cucumber beer, however, sounds awful.

Hendricks gin is awesome, btw. Two slices of cucumber, some Hendricks, a tiny spritz if lime and some black pepper, shaken, then topped with a splash of tonic = excellence.

Not so sure about cucumber beer. The peel sometimes is a harsh bitter flavor.

Hendricks gin is awesome, btw. Two slices of cucumber, some Hendricks, a tiny spritz if lime and some black pepper, shaken, then topped with a splash of tonic = excellence.

Not so sure about cucumber beer. The peel sometimes is a harsh bitter flavor.

Take the peel off before using the cucumber;)

Cigar City had a Cucumber Saison last summer at a beerfest and it was magnificent. I was probably responsible for taking out 3/4 a gallon of that keg. Not a bad feat with 4 oz sampler glass.

Back