Bottling conditioning temperature for a lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpcoote

Reaction score
I'm brewing my first lager this week, and wanted to get a jump on a bottling question I had. Does it matter at what temperature the beer is stored once bottled? I'm not sure that I have space in my fridge for it all, so storing at room temp would be preferable if possible.

I believe you would just store it at the same temp you would normally bottle at especially since bottle condition works a lot better at warmer temps.

Don't immediately store in the fridge. They should condition at preferably 72 degrees or so.

Ok awesome thanks! That's what I had thought, but I was flipping through the complete joy of home brewing the other day and noticed that most of the lager recipes recommended bottle conditioning at cold temperatures. Just wanted to make sure this was a suggestion and not a requirement.

jpcoote said:
Ok awesome thanks! That's what I had thought, but I was flipping through the complete joy of home brewing the other day and noticed that most of the lager recipes recommended bottle conditioning at cold temperatures. Just wanted to make sure this was a suggestion and not a requirement.

Assuming that you have already lagered your beer and are ready to bottle carb it, I would set it somewhere dark and at room temp.

Back