An actual infection!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bottlebomber

Reaction score
It started about 2 weeks ago as a small white spot on a Saison I did a couple months ago. I'm not shocked, it's right next to 4 pails of sours I've got going, and I had been doing some thiefing and probably wasn't thorough enough about cleaning it. So the chances are that whatever this is is associated with the Roeselare strain, but I'm not positive. It could be an actual wild infection(and honestly I'm a lot more excited at that prospect). What I'm wondering is 1.Can anyone tell what it is just by examining it, and 2.(opinion)would I be better off at this point just truly bugifying it so that I at least have a little control over the process, because I'm definitely going to let this one ride. Also if anyone says it's yeast rafts I'm gonna slap ;)

image-3667805260.jpg

Great. Now I'm going to have to worry about climate change and glacial melting.

dead ringer for this roeselare-induced pellicle! hm, maybe tough to see in the pic but it's the same dusty white islands in a foamy fuzzy grey sea. wow that's scientific

DSC_9204.jpg

Back