I'm just lucky I guess...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knotquiteawake

Reaction score
Some a-hole in a crown vic with "gangsta" rims and smoked windows decided to put his car into my lane on the freeway suddenly, I was able to hit the brakes and move to the left a couple feet to avoid him, unfortunately even though i had checked the mirrors right at that moment there was a dude on a street bike. We side swiped, the dude in the crown vic took off, and it looks like my insurance is going to be going up now (since the crown vic didn't hit me its like it was never there so i'm 100% at fault).
thankfully the dude on the bike didn't go down, he's seriously got a guardian angel or something, his bike is just scratched up and some fiber glass is cracked.

So pissed, is is possible to be too pissed to have a beer? So so so glad that guy on the bike didn't go down though, we both got really lucky that time. I would say that next time I'll let the other car hit me but my wife is in the passenger seat so that side of the car is the most important.

The best part is that everyone is okay. I wouldn't sweat your insurance going up. If you didn't get a ticket, and it's just a claim against your insurance, it won't go up much.

I drug the side of my pickup down a fire hydrant before I had even made the first payment. $4500 damage. It only raised my rates $10/mo. 4 years later, I crunched a guys fender in the parking lot at my work. Again, my rates went up $10/mo.

In your case it's a small price to pay considering what could have happened.

Glad to hear that everyone is ok. If it does go up because of that moron, I bet it won't stay high for long. You got those idiots with huge chrome rims, narrow tires, on either caprice's or crown vic's around you too, huh? Those cars really look stupid.

Look how hard he didn't crash, he still died. Congratulations, you won today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, no real way to emphasize how glad I am that that dude kept his bike upright. Thankfully this is what insurance is for, I tell them what happens they take care of the other guy and I pay my deductible.
Also my contempt for those people who drive those crown vics with the oversized rims and obnoxious bass speakers gets ever more firmly entrenched.

On the plus side, he probably didn't have any insurance and the only thing of value he owns is the stereo system in his car.

You hear about bikers getting hit in Austin a lot. I'm glad everyone is ok.

Latest posts

Back