Pitching yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EagleMtBrewer

Reaction score
I am new to brewing and just brewed my second batch last night. Brewers best American pilsner. I racked it into my glass carboy to ferment (plastic bucket spout broke) and its been in there over night. I expected it to bubble pretty much right away, but so far, nothing. How long until I see it bubble or is it not bubbling because it's a pilsner?

What yeast are you using?

Generally speaking, lagers have somewhat longer lag times than ales and need much higher pitching rates as well. It may take 2 days or so to see visible signs of fermentation.

ArcaneXor said:
What yeast are you using?

Generally speaking, lagers have somewhat longer lag times than ales and need much higher pitching rates as well. It may take 2 days or so to see visible signs of fermentation.

Thanks for the info. As it turned out, this morning the Carboy was a carnival of activity. Science was happening and beer was fermenting. Just took it a bit longer than the amber I made last time. Thanks again. Happy brewing. EMB

Back