Your Biggest Brew Day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhead

Reaction score
Recently some members of our club convened at my brew barn and knocked out 70 gallons. we started at 5:30 am and ended up at 9:00 pm

what is the most amount of brew you've done in one session? how long did it take you?

we did a DDIPA, ESB, BROWN, and PALE ALE

pictures and docs: http://tinyurl.com/yftbvt and http://tinyurl.com/ykesmv

needless to say, it was boat loads of fun. we're already planning something bigger

That would probably be last year's Hop Madness or maybe 2005. Hard to remember when you get 70-80 hopheads :tank: together & everybody brings a corny or two.:drunk:

That would be the time we topped off with too much water and got 5.5 instead of the normal 5 gallons. Now *that* was a crazy day. ;)

brewhead said:
Recently some members of our club convened at my brew barn and knocked out 70 gallons. we started at 5:30 am and ended up at 9:00 pm

Seriously, how the hell do you stay sober enough to start @ 530 and make it all the way to 9?

My largest, smallest and all the rest are the same - 5 gallons. I want to go to 10'S at some point, but need some bigger stuff to make it happen

Most I've done is three 5 gal PM brews in one day. This saturday I'll be getting up early to brew back to back 5 gal PM brews of a strong Belgian that will eventually go into the 7.25 gallon oak barrel I got for Christmas.

Chimone said:
Seriously, how the hell do you stay sober enough to start @ 530 and make it all the way to 9?

pace yourself dude! and there was plenty of drinking starting at around 5:30 am. hydrate a lot - and we had 3 drunken chickens grillin with bbq beans and all kinds of fixens.

Brewiz said:
What kind of insulation is that around your mlt?? Wish I had that much room in my brewshed!!

that is 2" armaflex insulation - mine is the one with the silver heat tape wrapped around the armaflex. when you dough in at 152° - one hour later it's 150°. the other one that is black is my brew bud who was one of the core brewers that day.

this one:

BBD2_12_30_06_001.jpg

it was a heckuva great time i'll have to say. we're all salivating on a bigger event in may

Back