List your favorite 3 beers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stevorino

Reaction score
As of Right now:

1. Avery Redpoint Ale (Amber Ale, I love the Balance of Hops and Malt)
2. Avery Ellie's Brown Ale (So smooth and just enough Malt/Sweetness - super drinkable).
3. Rogue Chocolate Hazelnut (Amazing, Amazing beer.)

As of today;

1. The one that in my glass. (Dudes Pub Ale)
But since that really can't count...:D
  1. Big Sky IPA
  2. DFH 60 Minute IPA
  3. Granite City's Duke Wellington Pale Ale (IPA)

As of today;

1. The one that in my glass. (Dudes Pub Ale)
But since that really can't count...:D
  1. Big Sky IPA
  2. DFH 60 Minute IPA
  3. Granite City's Duke Wellington Pale Ale (IPA)

I still haven't tried DFH 60 minute -- only the 90 minute...I need to go grab myself a 6 pack.

I still haven't tried DFH 60 minute -- only the 90 minute...I need to go grab myself a 6 pack.

Its damned good. I made a summit IPA with toasted pale malt and when I tasted the 60 Min IPA the taste of toasted 2-row jumped right out at me!

Toasted at 350F @ 20 minutes - close to a DIY munich

DFH 120 Min IPA <- My GRAIL! This brew was so good.
Founders Breakfast Stout <- Gotta love the local boys.
Leinie's Creamy Dark <- Another great dark beer, that's "kinda" local.

I'm not one for favorites... though I am enjoying a well balanced Maple Stout from Cannery Brewing. There's so many great beers being brewed around North America right now, it's REALLY hard to choose (let alone the rest of the world).

I also have a 6pack of Hoegaarden cooling in the fridge as we speak... ;)

1. New Belgian Trippel
2. Sierra Nevada ESB
3. New Belgian Abbey

But right now I'm drinking my own Belgian amber ale.

Pliny the Elder
Rodenbach Grand Cru
Smuttynose Old Brown Dog

As of this moment, this could change tomorrow.

IMO, DFH 60 is better than DFH 90, which is better than DFH 120. At the Dogfish head pubs, you can get the 75 minute draft (which is a blend of 60/90), which is better than the 60 to me; I think all of them lack a little balance (Stone Ruination does big but balanced quite well).

My top 3:

1. St Bernardus Abt 12
2. Allagash White
3. Weeping Radish Corolla Gold Helles Lager

1. The first Boulevard Wheat I have on the first nice day of spring where I can sit outside of my favorite bar.

2. The Dead Guy Ale that I drank when I found out I passed the first section of my CPA exam

3. When I make someone join me in a drink of Youngs Double Chocolate Stout when they tell me they don't like dark beers. Proving someone wrong tastes really good. :)

I don't know if that is what you meant, but these are the ones that came to my mind.

IMO, DFH 60 is better than DFH 90, which is better than DFH 120. At the Dogfish head pubs, you can get the 75 minute draft (which is a blend of 60/90), which is better than the 60 to me; I think all of them lack a little balance (Stone Ruination does big but balanced quite well).

My top 3:

1. St Bernardus Abt 12
2. Allagash White
3. Weeping Radish Corolla Gold Helles Lager

That's how I feel about the DFH 90 minute too -- just over the top in a bashful kind of way. Anyone can throw a handful of hops in a kettle and call it an IPA...Stone does it w/ style though. I still want to try Pliny the Elder too -- that beer has a sick following.

I can't pick just 3.. but maybe the 3-5 most common ones in the fridge:

1. Dead Guy (just the standard everyday beer)
2. DFH 60 minute IPA - so good
3. Delirium Tremens - This actually could be My overall favorite beer.
4. Pabst Blue Ribbon - cause i am classy like that
5. Trois Pistols

These are just the standard favorite.. the actual favorites would take much longer to decide upon.

1. Troegs Hop Back
2. Bear Republic Hop Rod
3. The Oatmeal Stout I brewed last year, does that count?

This is the inverse of asking, "Your standing in a pool of pooh and someone throws a bucket of snot at your head, do you duck or take the snot shot in the face?"

W(why)TF ask? It's an arbitrary forced choice, randomly limited for no reason.

That said.....

St. Bernardus ABT12 - SWMBO and I shared on last night of freedom before all HELL broke loose.
Trader Joes weizenbock - enjoyed on beach in SoCal on vacation once kids recovered somewhat from HELL breaking loose.
Dead Guy. Balance, panache and complete taste pallet. Damned fine beer.

1. Stone IPA - I just don't get sick of this beer
2. Celebrator Doppelbock - My favorite lager
3. Duvel - The quintessential Belgian Golden Strong

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is up there, I think it is the best stepping stone beer of them all.

Oskar Blues - Old Chub - Scottish Ale heaven in a can

Spaten - Optimator - Had this at Epcot at the Food & Wine Fest. after choking on the $12 price it was phenomenal.

Corona - Only sharing 10 in a bucket and cigars on the beach in Puerto Vallarta at 9 in the morning with some dude from Chicago who paid. YEAH!

In no particular order and they change daily, if not hourly depending on my mood and season and alignment of the stars and if I've drank another beer recently, etc.

1. Green Flash West coast IPA
2. Ska Buster Nut Brown
3. Left Hand Milk Stout
4. New Holland Dragon's Milk
5. North Coast Old Rasputin (on nitro please)

It changes way too often.

This month:

1. Franziskaner Hefeweizen
2. Deschutes Black Butte Porter
3. Stone Levitation Ale

That will all change next month. But when I get home from work, lately these are what I'm craving.

Alesmith IPA
Bear Republic Racer 5
Smuttynose Finest Kind

None of these are available in Indiana. If they were, I am sure I could find some flaw in them to make me want to find some other beers not available locally to pine for.

So Tough.....here is the list this week

Stone - Ruination (doesn't get much better)
Firestone Walker - Double Barrel Ale (cut my "beer teeth" on this in college)
Sierra Nevada - Any of the 3 "Fresh Hopped" Ales (I have yet to get my hands on the Chico Estate)

....I am just starting to appreciate and get into Belgians though. I found a great selection in Downtown Seattle this weekend and I have a bottle of Orval waiting for me at home. The Westmalle Trippel is next.

Spaten - Optimator - Had this at Epcot at the Food & Wine Fest. after choking on the $12 price it was phenomenal.

Ooh thats a crime... 20 bucks at the Essen Haus in Madison, WI... you can get a 2L boot of the glorious Optimator. 10 bucks on Thursdays (w/ a student ID). fantastic stuff.

Otherwise:

1) Capital Brewery: Wisconsin Amber (Yup, Im a homer.)
2) Sprecher Brewery: Well, frankly anything from Sprecher Brewery... thier Maibock is insane.
3) Leinenkugels: Creamy Dark... i think that was mentioned, but it deserves a +1

Hooray for Wisconsin Beer!:mug:

I would answer this differently every time I posted it.
If it is cold, it would be Speedway Stout, Rochefort 10, Ballast Point Victory at Sea or Sea Monster.

If it is just a normal San Diego day, Pliny the Elder, Alesmith Nautical Nut Brown, or one of the Russian River sours. I'll go with Temptation because it is the one I have the most often.

If it is hot out, Ballast Point Wahoo Wheat, Alesmith IPA, or Allagash White.

That said, these are not all the best beers I've ever had. There is no way to make a top three list like that.

Erdinger Hef
Redhook Sunrye Ale
the Octoberfest I brewed last fall. Only one bottle left...:(

Totally a homer:

1) Berkshire Brewing Company - Steel Rail Extra Pale
2) Wachusett Brewing Company - Black Shack Porter
3) Woodstock Inn Brewery - Pig's Ear Brown Ale

Others from across the Land and Sea:

1) Belhaven Scottish Ale
2) Theakston Old Peculiar
3) Victory Lager

So many more!!!