Aussie looking for good Portland Brewery Tour

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathon

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I will be landing in Vancouver on the 13th and have a few days to spare before attending my mates wedding. Would like to take a trip to Portland to check out the brewing scene. Any tips on must go to Breweries would be great. I am very interested in the equipment side of things and great beer obviously as well.
Cheers
Jonathon.

Check out the grain and gristle, more of a pub but one of the owners is also a craft brewer and has his stuff in tap plus you can't beat the pork rinds and their samplers are huge. Deschutes is my personal favorite for a meal, beers and hands down best growlers around! Hopworks is also awesome!

the Taproom in downtown Portland. they have kegs of many local brews. food is from a place across the street that delivers. or try Deschutes. Got there for the 25th aniv. celebration. service was great, food was awesome, and the beer.... wow. Best thing is you don't have to drive. Public transportation is great. Download the phone app for the city system. I did 28 beers in 4 days.

I sampled a few beers up there on my last trip as well ; )

image-4095852548.jpg

image-2907811649.jpg

image-2569877497.jpg

image-1199133063.jpg

image-4141717597.jpg

image-2546511126.jpg

image-2282039989.jpg

image-2842302899.jpg

28 beers, mostly the paddle samples. You can try lots of beers if you start early, eat, and walk to the next place to burn off the "calories" :D

Back