Anyone ever see a Fermometer do this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FatBaldBeerGuy

Reaction score
2012-03-01_23-01-07_HDR.jpg

2012-03-01_23-02-07_HDR.jpg

:(

Did it do that before or after you pulled it off, or has that never been installed?

Did you get it wet

I did, yeah... Unfortunately.

It had been installed on my Carboy for about a month, sat in water overnight before I realized it was under...

EDIT: Sorry about the pics; that counter was not the best background unfortunately.

I did, yeah... Unfortunately.

It had been installed on my Carboy for about a month, sat in water overnight before I realized it was under...

EDIT: Sorry about the pics; that counter was not the best background unfortunately.

I ruined one like it that way when I first started using them, even though I read the instructions saying not to get them wet.

Carefully applied clear packing tape will help delay that happening from general washing/soaking. I dunno about soaking for a long period.

Broncobum said:
Carefully applied clear packing tape will help delay that happening from general washing/soaking. I dunno about soaking for a long period.

It gives you about 12-24 hours more life, trust me.
I keep them at about the 5g mark, and never fill the water bath above 4 g mark... After destroying a couple first.

Thanks for the tips all; I just picked up a 5 gallon better bottle for a secondary, so I'll have to get 2 new fermometers now.

I'll make sure to post them a little higher this time :mug:

Back