ok wtf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primevci

Reaction score
Im brewing my next batch right now I ran out of some store bought craft brew and opened one of my bottles I bottled three days ago and it had decent carbonation and a decent head wtf....

I always had "good" carbination after 3-4 days and great within a week. I dont brew big beers so I never had the I need to wait 3 weeks problem.

It can happen with some but dont expect it.Ive had way better head retention waiting.My ipa was good early within a week then i had not much hop flavor aroma after that. Im finding 5+ weeks gives near max potential. Ive had some taste good early then suck after a few weeks then taste awesome a few more weeks later.

There's a great youtube video somewhere that shows bottle conditioning levels over time and while the "hiss" and "bubbles" may be there, it's not totally carbed yet. I'll try and find it...

This is the first I've heard of someone being upset over early carbonation. I guess some people are just naturally angry.

my honey brown was pretty much set after about 4 days in the bottle but def got better after it conditioned a bit longer. I hope it was at least good :)

Wiezer said:
This is the first I've heard of someone being upset over early carbonation. I guess some people are just naturally angry.

No just cought me off gaurd lol.... not upset at all

i brewed an AHS Half-Wit and it was decently carbed within a week. drank most if it the following week.. my wife wanted me to save a few for some friends that we were supposed to have dinner with but plans kept falling through so i drank the last 3 about 3 weeks from bottling - it was like a different beer once it was completely carbed and it cleared up alot too.

Although the head and fizz are there, the beer is still quite green... I usually wait about 10 days minimum to let the brew bottle condition before chilling and drinking

Each day after kegging I kept trying a small glass of Pilsner to check how the carbonation was doing. I finished it before two weeks was up. Today would have been the end of two weeks, today will be the last drop from the keg.
Darn beer taste too good to put away :rockin::drunk:

milldoggy said:
Is crabination the flavor of old bay in your beer?

I just might have to experiment with this some day, I use old bay on everything from potatoes to vegetables to steak.

Old bay ftmfw

Back