Brew Stand Help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otiluke

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I got my Bayou Classic delivered and my keggle is all done but I didn't figure the need for a stand. Dumb. I have crushed grains waiting and need to get a move on. I'm looking for advice on things i can throw together to for a brew stand.

So I got my Bayou Classic delivered and my keggle is all done but I didn't figure the need for a stand. Dumb. I have crushed grains waiting and need to get a move on. I'm looking for advice on things i can throw together to for a brew stand.

are you looking to put together a brew stand that can stand the heat of a fryer?

yes something that will stand the heat and give me enough height that I can gravity feed. I figure that if i have something high enough then I can either boil my water with the burner and drain into my mash tun. Or heat water on my stove dump it into the mash tun, then drain into keggle. put the keggle on my "stand" boil the wort then drain into carboy.

If your looking for something quick and easy, you can build a stand out of AC-2 lumber and line the top of it with cement patio blocks. It's cheap, easy and you can make it whatever height you want. 2X6 or 4x4 material for the strength would be more than enough.

One thing I did was use some sheet metal across metal sawhorses to give me height (I had a sheet of 1/4" steel lying around from another owner). As an alternate I've heard that Hardi-Backer (cement board) is heat resistant. I'll see if I can find a pic of my initial setup...

Back