Three Floyds in Southern Indiana

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JordanThomas

Reaction score
So I've recently been informed that my work will be requiring me to travel to Southern Indiana (Milan and Osgood, slightly west of Lawrenceburg). I'm looking to capitalize on this fact by purchasing some FFF beers while I am there.

Does anyone from the area have good suggestions of beer shops I might find the best selection, or even a grocery store that periodically carries the year-rounds?

Thanks all!

If you're in GR stop at the brewery and buy it fresh - exit Calumet Ave South 2 miles off of I-80 .. they have a carry out window: however there is a daily limit purchase in terms of Volume of beer. But you could go in buy your 1st carry out then go back in sit at the bar have a beer then buy some more 2nd, go back and have a burger then buy some more 3rd..

Presumably you're traveling I-65...Calumet ave is something like 8 miles west of 65..15 minutes of travel time.

Well, I'm actually living in Cincinnati... Still haven't updated that. Really I'm just wondering if anyone knows of nice little shops in Milan/Osgood/Lawrenceburg to check.

Thanks though. I don't know why I never took a trip to FFF living in GR. Oh wait.... Founders was just easier. Ha

First, welcome to Cincinnati.

You know you can get some 3 Floyds in Cincinnati, right? It's not all of them and they aren't all over, but if you follow some of the beer blogs, you will see it pop up. Lot's of events with 3F tap takeovers here. I know I just saw a Facebook message where they had a few cases of some of their beer. Good luck.

Thanks! Been here since January. It's been good so far. I have had the opportunity to drink 3 floyds on tap - ZD, AK, GBH, pride and joy... But I'd like to pick up some bottles.

Since I have to go to indiana, I assume it's easier to find. Maybe I'm wrong!

Almost any liquor store in the Indianapolis area will carry Three Floyd's. Also almost every bar will have 1-3 Three Floyd beers on tap. Some other breweries that I recommend in the area are Triton and Sunking. Feel free to DM me if you have any questions. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks! Been here since January. It's been good so far. I have had the opportunity to drink 3 floyds on tap - ZD, AK, GBH, pride and joy... But I'd like to pick up some bottles.

Since I have to go to indiana, I assume it's easier to find. Maybe I'm wrong!
You may be able to get it a little easier in SE Indiana, but I'm not sure. Sorry I can't really help you out with specific places, but in Cincinnati, if you haven't found these places yet, try - Root Cellar in Kenwood, Dilly Deli in Mariemont, Dutch's in Hyde Park, Jungle Jim's, Marty's Hops and Vines and Party Source.

You may be able to get it a little easier in SE Indiana, but I'm not sure. Sorry I can't really help you out with specific places, but in Cincinnati, if you haven't found these places yet, try - Root Cellar in Kenwood, Dilly Deli in Mariemont, Dutch's in Hyde Park, Jungle Jim's, Marty's Hops and Vines and Party Source.

I check party source regularly. I've had decent luck with large formats (found Arctic Panzer Wolf, Dreadnaught, Blackheart, and Apocalypse Cow there), but I'm really hoping to find some sixers. Really, ZD is a dream, but I'm hoping Gumballhead 6-packs can be a relatively staple beer in my fridge. Maybe Alpha King. Not too worried about AK though, as it's pretty close in taste to Founders Centennial (IIRC).

You will have a hard time finding zombie dust or gumballhead in southern Indiana in bottles. Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Good luck

Whitey's in Lawrenceburg has a decent selection of FFF stuff, although no Zombie Dust, and Gumballhead is rare. I rarely check Cincinnati liquor stores, but some places in Northern KY carry their stuff regularly. Try Party Source in Bellevue or DEP's in Ft. Thomas. Again, ZD never shows up unless they have a special event going on, but at least you can usually find more than just Robert the Bruce.

Back