Keg Cowboy "1 to 3 faucet beer tower conversion kit"?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cpt_Kirks

Reaction score
I now have a little kegerator:

3k13m53pa5Q25U25R1b63b8c4516208321afb.jpg

It will hold two 5 gallon kegs and a 3 gallon keg. The tower measures about 2.5" in diameter.

Keg Cowboy (and probably other vendors) has this 1 to 3 faucet beer tower conversion kit http://www.kegcowboy.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=253

1_to_3_Tower.jpg

It says it is for 3" towers. I wonder if it will work on my 2.5"?

Anybody have one of these conversions?

:confused:

I think you would just need some kind of spacer to take up the extra space. Along with longer screws. I don't think it would look pretty, but you could for sure make it functional.

I'm kind of up in the air on this. I can probably use some washers as spacers and make it work.

Or, I can just make a new 3 tap tower out of PVC. I've make a two tap before, it is not hard.

But, it won't be as "pretty" as the chrome tower.

;)

I picked up this same conversion kit from Keg Cowboy about a week ago. I'm in Houston so I just stopped by the store. I added a Perlick 525 and a 575. They were nice enough to install the faucets and lines for me.

Its very nice, as you would expect. But as someone else stated for a 2.5" you would need some kind of spacer and would need to seal it up so cold air doesn't escape from it.

What I would do is buy a new 3" tower and just add it to that. Its beer, you deserve to splurge a little :)

I had just a 2 tap tower, and that was tight when changing out beer lines. Just upgraded to a 4 tap tower. loving that!

I was in the LHBS yesterday, and they had one of these conversion kits on the shelf.

Still not sure...I might just get the some tower shanks and make something that will work. The cheapie tower on my little kegerator is not chrome, it's painted black. It has a REALLY odd shank, too. The nut is slightly bigger than 1", the custom shank wrench I made does not fit it.

Is there anything else that is needed with this kit besides adding faucets and lines?

Nothing other than faucets and lines are needed.

You HAVE to have a 3" single tap tower to mount it on. It simply will not fit on a 2.5" tower.

I wound up buying a used 3" single tap, and mounting the adapter on top. Getting the adapter lined up to mark the holes for drilling is a little tricky, but the drill bit that comes with the kit works fine.

Latest posts

Back