Dark Horse Brewery - Thumbs up

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlyday

Reaction score
This last weekend I was dropping my son off for an overnight college visit and found myself staying in a hotel in marshall,mi. Pulled out the phone to look for a place to eat, and up pops the brewery.

I headed over there and noticed they had a homebrew shop, so I stopped in there first. They had a lot of kits and stuff, and alot of shirts. I have a collection of pint glasses, but didnt see any there. I asked but they were out, but they yanked a golf pack in the display which had one, broke it up and sold me the glass. Grabed a 4 pack of Plead the 5th imperial stout and dropped it off at the car.

I headed over the the other building that housed the restuarant. It was sunday night and I was by myself. I dont think Ive ever eaten at a resturant by myself before. I was hoping it wasnt going to be busy, but it was fairly full. I almost left, but a waitress saw me looking and said there was a spot at the bar.

Within a minute I has a tasty black bier in my hands and before that was even gone I had my food. Nice mix of people at the bar throughout the night and a pretty cool lookinging interior with ceramic mugs for all the mug club members.

I had a few of their regular beers and some specialty ones . Thank god the hotel was only a mile away down a little traveled industrial road, and the giant pizza fold I ate or it could have bee trouble.

Good food, great beer, and a pleasant staff. If your ever in the area, its a must stop.

The name of the place makes me think of a Steve Vai song from Alien Love Secrets...Bad Horsie. Good name for a wild brew.

Tried the Plead the fifth imperial stout I bought. Pretty good right out of the fridge, but awesome once it warmed up a little. Couldnt taste any of the 11% ABV. Quite smooth and roasty. Very good.

Back