NEW BREWERY NAME, you choose.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onthe1

Reaction score
What would you name a brewery in the mountains with a rich history of mining, alpineering, mountain biking, road biking, paragliding, hiking, etc.? It doesn't have to be related this this at all... we also have history in music and Florida.

To make this interesting we are offering free beer for life to the person that picks the winner here or probrewer or around town... ask questions, I hope this is interesting.

Hazard Brewing Company, because all those sports are "hazardous" and Hazard is a beautiful city in the mountains of Kentucky near all the coal mines. My two cents...hope you like.

Always wanted to open up a small brewery near Cripple Creek Co... would have named it Lucky Nugget Brewery... of course Nugget as a hop is pretty literal.

Black Nugget Brewery.

Blood, Sweat and Coal Brewery.

My Beer Brewery.

Manly Beer Brewery.

And my fav - WTF is Alpineering Brewery.

What would you name a brewery in the mountains with a rich history of mining, alpineering, mountain biking, road biking, paragliding, hiking, etc.? It doesn't have to be related this this at all... we also have history in music and Florida.

To make this interesting we are offering free beer for life to the person that picks the winner here or probrewer or around town... ask questions, I hope this is interesting.

Carabiners. If you are involved in any of these endeavors you know how valuable these can be. This would also make for an interesting brewery name.

Extreme Flamingo Brewing, 'cause the sports listed could be thought of as extreme and when I think of Florida I dont think of old wrinklies but of Flamingo birds

Here's my ideas. Any can be followed up with; Brewing Co, Brewery, Aleworks, etc.

Dusty Nuggets
Motherload
Summit
Happy TrAles
American Alpine Ales
Peak
Tree Line
Timber Line
Crevasse Ales
Switchback
Rappel Ales
Breakthrough Blasting
Black Lung
Wet Fuse
Kettle Bottom (Look this up, cool meaning)
Lost Miner
Trapped Below
Long Shaft
Lost Shaft

I could come up with more if you gave me more specifics. What was mined, what location exactly, etc.

Pickaxe is my fav with Lost Miner a close second. Lost Miner has the potential for quick recognition should you ever go pro. Just send a case to the next cave-in and you're sure to grab publicity. Champion an effort to provide relief workers with it and you'll grab headlines! If that should occur I want free beer for life for THAT idea dammit.

Cosper123 said:
Pickaxe is my fav with Lost Miner a close second. Lost Miner has the potential for quick recognition should you ever go pro. Just send a case to the next cave-in and you're sure to grab publicity. Champion an effort to provide relief workers with it and you'll grab headlines! If that should occur I want free beer for life for THAT idea dammit.

You've got a mind of a Macro brewer. You should work for Bud.

Hmmm... after thinking about this. I am going to throw my suggestion into the mix. I am big on themes,.. hence my brewery and brew names. I would say:

Summit Brewery

Than you could name all your beers after major mountain climbing spots from around the world. Everest Ale, Matterhorn Stout, McKinley Pale Ale, and so on...

Logo could be a simple mountain peak design. Labels could be pictures of the mountains of that particular brew...

Just throwing it out there...

Cheers!

here's my ideas. any can be followed up with; brewing co, brewery, aleworks, etc.
dusty nuggets
motherload
summit
happy trales
american alpine ales
peak
tree line
timber line
crevasse ales
switchback
rappel ales
breakthrough blasting
black lung
wet fuse
kettle bottom (look this up, cool meaning)
lost miner
trapped below
long shaft
lost shaft

i could come up with more if you gave me more specifics. What was mined, what location exactly, etc.

:d

My bad MaltnHops,.. I must have overlooked that. Apparently great minds think alike. If you want I will delete my post..

Cheers!

My bad MaltnHops,.. I must have overlooked that. Apparently great minds think alike. If you want I will delete my post..

Cheers!

No worries man. Apparently it's a good name for a brewery. I just poured a cream ale from the tap, it's Friday, it's 105* outside and I'm inside with the A/C on. Cheers to you brother! Hope you can raise one tonight too. :mug:

You've got a mind of a Macro brewer. You should work for Bud.

Must be the whole exploitation angle. Either Bud or Hosptial Administration...perhaps Politician or News Consultant? The NFL or the Food Network. The Vatican! Hmm...all sorts of opportunities.

tmurph01 said:
Hmmm... after thinking about this. I am going to throw my suggestion into the mix. I am big on themes,.. hence my brewery and brew names. I would say:

Summit Brewery

Than you could name all your beers after major mountain climbing spots from around the world. Everest Ale, Matterhorn Stout, McKinley Pale Ale, and so on...

Logo could be a simple mountain peak design. Labels could be pictures of the mountains of that particular brew...

Just throwing it out there...

Cheers!

Summit Brewing Co already exists. It's in St. Paul, MN on Summit ave.

Troposphere Brewing

High Country Ales

We are now trying to find a name that could encompass Mountains - Music - Florida (Tampa-St. Pete) and a second career move. We do live in the foothill mountains near Golden, Colorado so our focus is leaning that way. A lot of brewery's snagged the good common stuff years ago. My newest example is Eldorado, representing the lost city of Gold. But again, I think the 'seats taken' by the local water company. We want the name simple, catchy and unforgettable. New Belgium is a perfect example.

We liked Kettle Bottom and Pickaxe but those are already used down the street.

Thanks for helping, we are serious about the free beer. Chocolate Java Porter, Pumpkin Ale and Imperial American Wheat, all in Primary. Other styles include blackberry Kolsch, Honey hop Pale Ale, French Amber, DIPA, Belgium plum and an oak aged cayenne espresso Stout on Nitro.

I'm not really understanding the Florida thing when you're going to be brewing in Colorado. Florida and mountains don't usually go together. :) Maybe you can explain that part a little more. Also, what type of music are we talking about or just in general?

Mountain Melody
Alto (double meaning, musically and height)
Base of the Mountain
Switchback
Leap of Faith
Pike's Leap (Pike's Peak twist with career move)
Mid-Life Mountain
Sandy Mountain
Beach Peak
Golden Vista
Long View

Give me some direction and I can come up with more.

Caged Canary Brewery (Great song Birds..theres your music...but also used in coal mines...bitter sweet)

Yellow Canary Brewery
Golden Canary Brewery
Lark Buntings Brewery (State Bird of CO)

Or any title using Canary in it :)

Lowlander Lost Brewing Co.

throw in a little Marley and Buffet artwork and/or music in the middle of colorado that would be rad!

How about:

South Range Brewery

Mountain Gator Brewery

Rocky Gator Brewery

Orange Peak Brewery

Switchback is one I thought of a few years ago, but unfortunately there's a little brewery in VT by the same name.

That little brewery is my go-to beer in VT. Awesome stuff! Whenever I bring fresh meat to Vermont, they are overwhelmed with the choice of quality beers at the pubs. I tell them they can't go wrong with a Switchback, and they never do. That beer seems to please everyone!

I've always liked their logo too.

display_switchback.jpg

Latest posts

Back