Apfelwein + kegging =

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FSR402

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One hell of a good buz and a broken hydrometer. :drunk: :(

I just had my first 3 glasses (16oz) of my very first Apfelwein that I kegged 5 days ago.
It's a little under carbed right now (gauge says 14#'s and it at 39*) but other then that it's F*^king amazing... :ban:

After the 1st glass I desided that "hey, I should kegg my EdWort's Haus Pale Ale, It's been in the fermenter for 12 days"..
I checked gravity and one was at 1.010 and the other 1.008. So I racked them and while that was going on I drank my 2nd glass of Apfelwein. While cleaning up, I broke my hydometer. :( That was my first one. she and I have been thru a lot together. She will be missed. So this is when I drank my 3rd glass of Apfelwein, in memory of my fallen hydrometer.
Now I am trashed. Oh, I forgot to tell you that I also drank a bottle of my Brass Balls Belgian Triple and my Strawberry Hefe...

Isure hope my wife get's back from her trip soon or I may become analcoholic..

LOL! Make sure you drink a quart of water and take 3 aspirin:drunk: before you pass out tonight. :D If you do, you'll thank me in the morning. If you don't, you'll be cussing & moaning that you avoided the General Warnings of Apfelwein!

EdWort said:
LOL! Make sure you drink a quart of water and take 3 aspirin:drunk: before you pass out tonight. :D If you do, you'll thank me in the morning. If you don't, you'll be cussing & moaning that you avoided the General Warnings of Apfelwein!
I'm on it. It's 11:40pm here and I need to be up for work at 5am..
I'm out of here and into bed now before I talk myself into another glass. :mug:

heinz57 said:
Analcoholic. Is that anything like the world's first analyst/therapist = analrapist?

or maybe just an alcoholic with OCD?

not that I have room to talk, my first batch is still a week from completion, and there's already maybe a half gallon missing due to 'testing'... :drunk:

heinz57 said:
Analcoholic. Is that anything like the world's first analyst/therapist = analrapist?
Sorry N00b, I missed the space bar.
97145988-violent069.gif

FSR402 said:
Yeah my head hurts but I can't tell if it's from the Apfelwein or my cold that has been bothering me all week.

Did you take 3 aspirin before bed?

Did you drink any water? If so, how much?

Did you take 3 aspirin before bed?
No I ended up saying "I can handle this, I don't need that" and did not take any.
I did when I got up though.

Did you drink any water? If so, how much?
I had maybe 22-30 oz of water.

I'll try it again tonight and see if I fair any better. :D The crappy weather has ended my drag racing for tonight so I may as well sit home and drink.

Adolphus79 said:
or maybe just an alcoholic with OCD?

not that I have room to talk, my first batch is still a week from completion, and there's already maybe a half gallon missing due to 'testing'... :drunk:

I just keep a glass turned upside down on the airlock and a wine thief handy for this "testing"

Back