Belgian Farmhouse on Nitro

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mtcpilot

Reaction score
Just tapped a Belgian Farmhouse Ale that I brewed up this winter. It was a kit from AHS, and used Wyeast 3726. I also just set up my stout faucet/nitro setup and decided to pour the belgian through it.

When poured through a traditional faucet, the Farmhouse is nice and dry, spicy, bready, and leaves the palate wanting more. Through the stout faucet, the aroma is hidden under a beautiful layer of foam, the mouthfeel is thick, flavor same, but then finishes dry about 3 seconds after the swallow. Pretty cool sensation that I'm not used to from a Belgian or from a stout faucet.

Anyone else done/doing this? I'd recommend trying it. I'm thinking I'll do a Dubbel or Quad at some point, and try it on nitro to see if I can get the same effect.

Clark

no i have never tried this, and dont know i would like it. i really enjoy the higher level of carbonation in saisons. Would definitely try it tho!

do you have a picture of this? sounds really interesting!

Back