Cool brewing/beer apps

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beer_me_plz

Reaction score
Here is a list of some apps I like to use/play with on my iPhone. Actually this is being typed up on my iPhone right now. :) (old school emoticon)

- homebrewtalk (duh)

- brew pal (my go to brewing app)

- BrewGene- great for reviewing beers and getting reviews from everyday drinkers. It also recommends beers you might like. Nice UI.

- BJCPstyles- a great reference tool if you want to know more on a particular style.

-Beer*- Cool facts about beer.

-Pandora- gotta have those jams playin!

These are the ones I like. They really help pass the time on brew day. Speaking of which time to go sparge! Any other good apps out there?

I really like ibrewmaster it's great for keeping track of recipes and is my go to brew day app. also pintley is really cool for reviewing beers that you've tried but the best part is it will suggest beers that you may like based in your beer preferences

I was going to get ibrewmaster but the $10 price tag turned me off. Now I can't find brew pal in the app store so I'm afraid I may no longer get updates. There are a few things I would like to see improved with that app. I may have to foot the ten bucks and go I with ibrewmaster.

Anyway I think beer gene is similar to the other app you mentioned. I'll check it out and see which one I like more. Thanks!

Not sure if is on apple, but android has Brewzor. Loaded with many useful calculators.

Here's my two favorite "brewing" apps:

iCelsius + $40 temperature probe,

pH Meter + $150 pH probe.

Refractool. Is a great app to convert refractometer readings to hydrometer readings post fermentation.

Back