Ordered two more kits tonight.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NateG

Reaction score
Hi I'm Nathan, sorta newish here and to brewing, my first kit was a Northern Brewer American Wheat beer kit which I like a lot and went very well. I have also done a small batch of Cider which is currently aging in bottles. Since my first brew I have aquired a turkey frier and I have a 5 gallon Pyrex glass carboy, which I actually used for the cider. I just went and ordered two more kits tonight, I ordered another wheat beer kit and a Nut Brown Ale kit from NorthernBrewer. I got the brown ale kit because it has a bit more involved and I like brown ales :D With these kits I am going to try full boils adding half the extract at the start and I am also going to try doing a secondary fermentation on the brown ale and maybe the wheat as well.

I just bought ingredients for 2 more batches yesterday as well. My wifes gunna make another batch of her summer shandy that came out really well. I'll be making another batch of my sunset gold APA,but with Ahtanum & Sterling this time. That'll be probably next weekend. I don't bother with secondary myself,unless I'm racking onto oak or fruit,etc. Less chance of oxidation,& each racking looses a little beer. I like browns myself,dead guy being my favorite.

Hi I'm Nathan, sorta newish here and to brewing, my first kit was a Northern Brewer American Wheat beer kit which I like a lot and went very well. I have also done a small batch of Cider which is currently aging in bottles. Since my first brew I have aquired a turkey frier and I have a 5 gallon Pyrex glass carboy, which I actually used for the cider. I just went and ordered two more kits tonight, I ordered another wheat beer kit and a Nut Brown Ale kit from NorthernBrewer. I got the brown ale kit because it has a bit more involved and I like brown ales :D With these kits I am going to try full boils adding half the extract at the start and I am also going to try doing a secondary fermentation on the brown ale and maybe the wheat as well.

Ever since I started I have always done a secondary, on chats Im seeing most people dont even bother so try both if you can....

Back