Adding Syrup to Primary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SeanGC

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I decided to brew a dubbel on wednesday, and I've read in multiple threads that it was a good idea to add the candi syrup to the primary after a fer days (3-5). I've had success with a similar technique with my tripel (adding clear candi sugar to the primary.)

I am brewing 12 gallons, and I purchased 4 pds of candi syrup. 2 lbs went into the boil (last 10 mins), and the other 2 I saved to add later on. However, I'm not sure if I want to add 1 pd, or 2 pds, depending on how strong the chocolate/toffee notes come out.

So the question becomes, could I add 1 lb after 3 days, and another lb (if I choose) on the 5th day?

Thanks!

I put 4 lbs of d 90 L Candi Syrup into my recipe. 2lbs in the boil (10 mins), 1 lb in 3rd day, 1 lb in 5th day. However, I thiefed today and don't really taste the chocolate/toffee/coffee notes from the syrup. Any reason?

Back